SINGAPORE – Riot Games, the videogame publisher behind the game League of Legends, played by 100 million players monthly, and youth entertainment brand MTV announced today the introduction of Hyperplay, the first integrated ASEAN esports and music festival. Hyperplay is presented by the Singapore Ministry of Culture, Community and Youth (MCCY) and the National Youth Council (NYC) of Singapore, and will integrate the two biggest pop culture pillars of this generation, esports and music, into a weekend event at the Singapore Indoor Stadium.
Streaming live across the two-day ticketed event on Hyperplay.sg, with key segments broadcast live across South-East Asia, the first edition of Hyperplay will feature the first ever League of Legends ASEAN tournament with national teams from the 10 ASEAN countries. They will clash head-on in two days of intense League of Legends matches, where the victorious team will earn the title of ASEAN champion.
“Riot has been engaging in musical collaborations with great artists for years. A lot of gamers are also music fans, but it is exciting to see that a lot of talented musicians are also gamers, with whom we can create tailored music experiences within our game universe. With Hyperplay, we hope to deliver a great event that gaming fans will enjoy, and that an even broader audience will see it as an opportunity to discover the richness of the gaming culture,” said Johnson Yeh, Managing Director of Riot Games for Greater China and South-East Asia.
- KC Global Media expands distribution in Cambodia, Malaysia, and the Philippines 77 views | posted on June 10, 2021
- Cignal TV, TV5, Smart, and PLDT join forces to deliver multi-platform world-class coverage of the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 59 views | posted on June 14, 2021
- New Smithsonian Channel series ‘Dogs With Extraordinary Jobs’ features dogs working to make the world a better place 50 views | posted on June 14, 2021
- Red Fiber offers special deals and sets expansion goals for seamless customer experience in the Philippines 45 views | posted on June 10, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020