TOKYO, JAPAN – The largest global sports media property in Asian history, ONE Championship (ONE), has just announced that it has partnered with Japanese internet TV station AbemaTV. With the partnership, ONE Championship live events and digital content will be broadcast to AbemaTV subscribers.
The partnership will cover more than 20 live ONE Championship events in 2018, as well as offer a reality TV series called “Surrogacy Battles”, which aims to discover fresh young Japanese martial arts talent. The program will run 12 1-hour episodes featuring young martial arts prospects no older than 22 years of age. The winner of the show will receive JPY 3 million and a ONE Championship multi-bout contract amounting to over USD $100,000.
ONE Championship, the world’s largest martial arts organization, hosts bouts across all styles of martial arts such as Muay Thai, Kickboxing, Karate, Kung Fu, Silat, Sanda, Lethwei, Mixed Martial Arts, Tae Kwon Do, Submission Grappling, and more. It is home to some of the biggest names in martial arts, including Japanese superstars Shinya “Tobikan Judan” Aoki, Yoshitaka “Nobita” Naito, Mei “V.V” Yamaguchi, and Koji “The Commander” Ando, among others.
- Meet the K-drama stars of the new series ‘Kairos’ on #TwitterBlueroom Live before its premiere 115 views | posted on October 23, 2020
- Netflix picks up Philippine adaptation of ‘Descendants of the Sun’ aired on GMA Network 63 views | posted on October 19, 2020
- BBC Studios, Bilibili sign new content sales and production agreement to bring the best of BBC to China 44 views | posted on October 19, 2020
- Asian storytelling, reimagined: New genres, fresh opportunities for Asian creators at the Singapore Media Festival 2020 43 views | posted on October 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020