SINGAPORE – Global content investment and rights management company, Motion Content Group and Singapore media company, Mediacorp have confirmed that the forthcoming MasterChef Singapore will air on Mediacorp’s Channel 5.
Motion Content Group, part of GroupM, the world’s leading media management company, had earlier acquired the rights to produce and broadcast MasterChef Singapore from Endemol Shine Group.
The rights deal was negotiated by Fotini Paraskakis of Endemol Shine Group, Cathy Payne of Endemol Shine International and Steven Murphy of Motion Content Group, Asia Pacific.
As English rights were originally not available, the show was set to air on Channel 8. However, following further negotiations, MasterChef Singapore will now air for Singapore viewers on Channel 5 in English and reach a more diverse audience.
Mediacorp, as broadcast partner in this collaboration, is pleased to add MasterChef to its repertoire of food shows on its channels.
- Here are seven new Korean titles from iQIYI to satisfy your K-Drama fix 78 views | posted on January 26, 2021
- Saloon Media announces start of production on ‘Hotel Paranormal’ S2 and return of Dan Aykroyd as narrator 55 views | posted on January 25, 2021
- Rising Asia keeps the region prolific with diverse content 52 views | posted on January 22, 2021
- ‘Beyblade Burst’ TV series now airing on RTV Indonesia via Animasia Studio 51 views | posted on January 22, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020