Hong Kong International Film and TV Market (FILMART) Opens
The 22nd edition of the Hong Kong International Film and TV Market (FILMART) opened and ends on 22 March at the Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre (HKCEC), raising the curtain for the largest marketplace of its kind in Asia.
A global entertainment trading platform to create opportunities
This year, FILMART, as a premier trading platform, features some 850 exhibitors from 37 countries and regions, including emerging markets such as Colombia, Mongolia, Nigeria, and Ukraine. Exhibitors from across the world continue to set up pavilions at FILMART to promote their entertainment productions to global buyers, including the United States, Canada, Japan, Korea, India, Thailand, France, Germany and the United Kingdom.
A range of prominent Hong Kong film companies also returned to FILMART to show their keen support for the prime trading platform, including China 3D Digital Distribution Limited, Emperor Motion Pictures, Media Asia Distribution Limited, MediaQuiz Entertainment International Company Limited, Mega-Vision Project Workshop Limited, Mei Ah Entertainment Group Limited, One Cool Film Production Limited, PCCW Media Limited, Pegasus Motion Pictures Distribution Limited, Sil-Metropole Organisation Ltd, Sun Entertainment Culture Limited and Universe Films Distribution Company Limited.
Record-breaking participation from the Chinese mainland
This year’s FILMART sees record-high exhibitor participation from various Chinese mainland provinces and cities. In particular, exhibitors from Beijing, Fujian, Guangdong, Hangzhou, Hunan, Ningbo and Shanghai are setting up regional pavilions, encouraging global buyers to leverage the potential of the mainland’s film market. One of the thematic seminars held this morning featured a number of leading figures in the mainland TV sector, including studios, distributors; OTT platform and big data research company, and discussed the prospect, challenges and forecasted changes in the mainland market.
New themes under the spotlight
Two new themes make their debut at the fairground to cater to the diverse needs of global industry players. The Doc World gathers more than 200 exhibitors to showcase the latest productions, while the Global Filming Supportfeatures 14 exhibitors from 8 countries and regions, including the US, Finland, Spain and Taiwan, to highlight the business opportunities presented by various filming incentives.
With documentaries under the spotlight, Daniel Braun, Co-President of Submarine Entertainment from the US will join other global industry leaders to discuss viewers’ needs at the “Documentaries: From Local to Global” seminar.
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 88 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- Viu announces the launch of the inaugural Viu Pitching Forum in Malaysia 48 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights sells CBC original series ‘Trickster’ to NITV & SBS On Demand Australia and more 43 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Celestial Tiger Entertainment launches KIX on MultiChoice’s DStv in Africa 33 views | posted on September 22, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020