UnicomAirNet signs agreement with Eutelsat for in-flight connectivity services
PARIS – UnicomAirNet (UAN) has signed a multi-year agreement with Eutelsat Asia, an affiliate of Eutelsat Communications (Euronext Paris: ETL), to address the fast-growing in-flight connectivity (IFC) market in the Asia Pacific region.
UnicomAirNet was established in 2017 by China Unicom’s broadband network unit and Hangmei, ChineseWi-Fi service and content provider for railways and buses, to provide IFC services to Chinese commercial airlines.
As of 2019, UnicomAirNet will lease the remaining capacity on the High Throughput payload of the EUTELSAT 172B satellite, to enhance IFC services across an area stretching from the West coast of North America to Asia and Australia.
- AXN All-Stars reunites entertainment heavyweights in a heart-warming virtual collaborative performance 73 views | posted on November 27, 2020
- AVIA closes the year on a high note with its biggest turnout yet for the Asia Video Summit 57 views | posted on November 25, 2020
- iQIYI International expands global footprint with launch on Zeasn’s Whale Eco 54 views | posted on November 27, 2020
- Astro Media Solutions and Smiley ink exclusive media license partnership 47 views | posted on November 26, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020