Globo will be featured at the 38th Fantasporto – Porto International Film Festival –, held at the Rivoli Theater, in Portugal. The first episodes of series Jailers and Vade Retro will be shown this Friday, March 2, at 5 p.m., followed by a screening of the motion picture Meio Expediente.
The productions will be screened at the theater’s Grand Auditorium. The leading actor in Vade Retro, Tony Ramos (‘Passione’), and Mauro Mendonça Filho, the show’s director, will attend the event.
MIPTV’s MIP Drama Screenings award-winner in 2017, Jailers plays around the dilemmas and conflicts faced by correctional officers, from the perspective of a jailer, played by actor Rodrigo Lombardi (‘India – A Love Story’). Created by Fernando Bonassi, Marçal Aquino and Denisson Ramalho, written by Marcelo Starobinas, loosely inspired by the work of Dráuzio Varela, the series was a coproduction between Globo, Gullane Filmes and Spray Filmes, with general direction by José Eduardo Belmonte and episodes directed by Belmonte and Fernando Grostein.
Vade Retro is a thriller-comedy about the struggle between good versus evil, starring praised actor Tony Ramos. Co-produced by Globo and O2 Filmes, the series features the fast-paced and acid writing of Alexandre Machado and Fernanda Young, with artistic direction by Mauro Mendonça Filho and direction by André Felipe Binder and Rodrigo Meirelles.
- GMA News and GMA Public Affairs are the top online news outlets in the Philippines 204 views | posted on August 4, 2020
- CJ ENM Hong Kong partners with iQIYI International to bring tvN movies SVOD service regionally 55 views | posted on August 7, 2020
- Korean superstar, Yoo Ah-In of Spackman Entertainment Group’s Associated Company, Spackman Media Group, to star in Netflix’s new Korean original series, ‘Hellbound’ 39 views | posted on August 4, 2020
- Multiple-award winning Thai film ‘Bad Genius’ has been turned into a 12-part series on Dimsum Entertainment’s platform 38 views | posted on August 6, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020