Inmarsat has partnered with Airservices Australia to initiate satellite voice (SatVoice) communications evaluations for air traffic services in Australia in areas beyond the reach of traditional VHF voice coverage.
Through the partnership with Inmarsat, Airservices Australia will help airlines and operators to complement conventional voice communications equipment with modern digital technology. The evaluation is working toward two important customer benefits: more effective and ultimately safer aviation safety services over the oceans and remote areas, and lower weight for avionics, contributing towards reduced fuel burn and greenhouse emissions.
SatVoice communications is a two-way channel, satellite-based service that enhances accuracy in cockpit communications and therefore aircraft safety. The system enables faster and better-quality voice communications between flight deck crew and designated contacts on the ground, including air traffic controllers and airline operations personnel.
Currently, cockpit communications involve the aircraft calling a ground station, which then connects the flight deck crew to an air traffic control facility, in what is known as “two-stage dialing.” SatVoice communications will streamline this process, speeding up contact between air traffic control and the aircraft.
- Firstlight Media teams with Google Cloud to deliver next-gen OTT 50 views | posted on January 21, 2021
- Rising Asia keeps the region prolific with diverse content 45 views | posted on January 22, 2021
- Banijay Rights new sales structure in LATAM, Canada, and German-speaking territories 45 views | posted on January 25, 2021
- ‘Beyblade Burst’ TV series now airing on RTV Indonesia via Animasia Studio 42 views | posted on January 22, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020