Global premiere of HBO Asia and Hulu co-production MISS SHERLOCK
SINGAPORE – HBO Asia’s and Hulu in Japan’s very first co-production, MISS SHERLOCK, will premiere globally across 20 territories in Asia on HBO Asia’s network of channels and services as well as on Hulu in Japan on Friday, April 27. Stream the series on HBO GO or watch it on HBO at 9am, with a same day primetime encore at 9pm. New episodes will debut at the same time every Friday. The series will also be available on HBO ON DEMAND.
In this bold interpretation of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle’s Sherlock Holmes, re-envisioned in Japanese and set in modern day Tokyo, the iconic characters – Sherlock Holmes and Dr. John Watson are played by women. Yuko Takeuchi (Dog in a Sidecar, Flashforward) stars in the titular role as Sherlock while her crime-solving partner, Dr. Wato Tachibana is played by Shihori Kanjiya (Chiritotechin, Kuchizuke)
In this eight-part, hour-long HBO Asia Original Japanese drama series, Dr. Wato Tachibana, is a surgeon who recently returned from a volunteer doctors’ mission in Syria and Sherlock, an investigation consultant to the police department, come together to solves bizarre and difficult cases. Throughout the series, the pair solves mystery after mystery with Miss Sherlock’s extraordinary observation and reasoning skills.
Other cast regulars in MISS SHERLOCK include Kenichi Takito (Rhythm and Police, Hanzawa Naoki) who plays crafty Inspector Reimon who tries to leverage Sherlock’s talents to advance his own career; Tomoya Nakamura (Spinning Kite, The Never-Setting Sun) plays Sergeant Shibata, a conservative male chauvinist who works under Inspector Reimon; Yukiyoshi Ozawa (The Forest, Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders) plays Kento Futaba who is Sherlock’s older brother; Ryohei Otani (Gunman in Joseon, We Married As Job) plays Dr. Wato Tachibana’s potential love interest; and Ran Ito (Garden of the Wind, Doctors: The Ultimate Surgeon) plays Sherlock’s widowed landlord, Kimie Hatano.
MISS SHERLOCK Main Cast And Their Characters
Yuko Takeuchi (Dog in a Sidecar, Flashforward) plays Sherlock who was born in England and have returned to Japan. Sherlock uses her extraordinary observation and reasoning skills to help solve bizarre cases as an investigation consultant for the local police. She lost both her parents to a plane accident when she was 7 years old and since been emotionally detached to everything and everyone around her.
Shihori Kanjiya (Chiritotechin, Kuchizuke) plays Dr. Wato Tachibana who was born to parents who are both doctors and is herself a gifted surgeon with a strong sense of justice. Against her parents’ wishes, she joined a medical mission in Syria. Her life changes when she meets Sherlock at a crime scene for the first time and the pair begins to solve a string of bizarre cases.
- iQiyi deepens international partnership with Dolby 84 views | posted on July 27, 2021
- 5 Asian romance dramas on iQiyi that will make you love ‘love’ again 55 views | posted on July 26, 2021
- The Q announces a lineup of new-age comedy series 53 views | posted on July 29, 2021
- ShemarooMe expands worldwide reach on connected televisions via partnership with ZEASN 51 views | posted on July 29, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021