Eutelsat and Globecast set to launch new media platform
The new platform launched by both companies will allow broadcasters across the Americas to gain access to Globecast’s advanced media management solution designed for both linear television distribution and new media technologies, including streaming, local ad insertion, IoT services, HEVC encoding and regionalization services. This distinctive capability will be provided from Globecast’s Culver City, CA teleport to Eutelsat’s EUTELSAT 117 West A satellite at 117° West, a prime mid-arc video neighbourhood serving the Americas from Alaska to Argentina.
A unique feature of the platform will be the ability to provide fleet protection and redundancy via the EUTELSAT 113 West A satellite. Located just four degrees away with the same transponder plan and polarization, and combined with Eutelsat’s dual-feed CATV upgrade programme for cable operators throughout the Americas, this two-satellite solution will offer enhanced protection and restoration capabilities for programmers.
- Winsing Animation spotlights its new IP at the ATF 46 views | posted on November 23, 2020
- AVIA closes the year on a high note with its biggest turnout yet for the Asia Video Summit 37 views | posted on November 25, 2020
- Stone Village, BlackBox Multimedia partner to Adapt Mary Shelley’s ‘Frankenstein’ 30 views | posted on November 23, 2020
- Bilibili announces 33 new Chinese anime titles at ‘Made By Bilibili 2020-2021’ 30 views | posted on November 24, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020