Eutelsat and Globecast set to launch new media platform
The new platform launched by both companies will allow broadcasters across the Americas to gain access to Globecast’s advanced media management solution designed for both linear television distribution and new media technologies, including streaming, local ad insertion, IoT services, HEVC encoding and regionalization services. This distinctive capability will be provided from Globecast’s Culver City, CA teleport to Eutelsat’s EUTELSAT 117 West A satellite at 117° West, a prime mid-arc video neighbourhood serving the Americas from Alaska to Argentina.
A unique feature of the platform will be the ability to provide fleet protection and redundancy via the EUTELSAT 113 West A satellite. Located just four degrees away with the same transponder plan and polarization, and combined with Eutelsat’s dual-feed CATV upgrade programme for cable operators throughout the Americas, this two-satellite solution will offer enhanced protection and restoration capabilities for programmers.
- GMA News and GMA Public Affairs are the top online news outlets in the Philippines 171 views | posted on August 4, 2020
- New young adult basketball mini-series ‘Fly The Jumper’ broke record viewerships 109 views | posted on August 3, 2020
- Astro: Agility in adapting to the new world 101 views | posted on August 3, 2020
- ABP News lights up the weekends with a slew of fresh programming 41 views | posted on August 3, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020