HONG KONG – Asia Satellite Telecommunications Company Limited (AsiaSat) announced that award winning Asian news channel, Channel NewsAsia, has upgraded the quality of its regional broadcast distribution from standard definition (SD) to a full 24-hour High Definition (HD) channel, delivered via AsiaSat 7.
Over the past two decades, Channel NewsAsia – which is owned and operated by Mediacorp – has become a household name in the region for its breaking news, current affairs programmes and documentaries told through a uniquely Asian perspective. The channel which started in Singapore in 1999, first aired across the region in SD on AsiaSat in 2003, and by end March 2018, this SD service will be completely replaced by the HD channel.
Distributed exclusively free to air on AsiaSat 7 in C-band, Channel NewsAsia is currently viewed in more than 28 territories across the Asia Pacific via its extensive network of terrestrial and pay TV affiliates, and partner hotels. Having joined AsiaSat’s expanding list of HD news channels, Channel NewsAsia is in the best position to reach a wider international audience with its enhanced broadcast-quality content thanks to AsiaSat 7’s comprehensive footprint.
Channel NewsAsia HD is available on AsiaSat 7 in C-band with the following reception parameters:
Orbital Location: 105.5 degrees East
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 93 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- Viu announces the launch of the inaugural Viu Pitching Forum in Malaysia 54 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights sells CBC original series ‘Trickster’ to NITV & SBS On Demand Australia and more 45 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Nippon TV’s ‘Your Turn To Kill’ receives award at 2020 Seoul International Drama Awards 37 views | posted on September 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020