Beta Cinema acquires Berlinale Competition entries
MUNICH – Beta Cinema has boarded the three competition entries 3 DAYS IN QUIBERON by Emily Atef, Thomas Stuber’s IN THE AISLES, the Berlinale closing film ÁGA by Milko Lazarov (out of competition) and Panorama Special opener STYX.
The impressive line-up is rounded up by Rupert Everett/Colin Firth/Emily Watson-starrer THE HAPPY PRINCE (Berlinale Special Gala, following its world premiere in Sundance) and Nanouk Leopold’s COBAIN, which runs in the Generation 14plus section.
In a spa hotel in the Western corner of Europe, Romy Schneider, the biggest star on the continent of her time, gives her last interview, widely known because of the famous photographs by Robert Lebeck. During these 3 DAYS IN QUIBERON, she lays bare her soul, revealing a romantic but fragile woman driven by a mixture of professional ambition and the desire to live. Emily Atef (“The Stranger in Me”, “Molly’s War”) stages her star Marie Bäumer (“The Counterfeiters”), who looks strikingly similar to the famous actress, with great sensitivity, capturing all details of the inner conflict. 3 DAYS IN QUIBERON is produced by Rohfilm Factory in co-production with Dor Film and Sophie Dulac Productions, Tita B. Productions, Departures Film, NDR/Arte and ORF.
- Netflix picks up Philippine adaptation of ‘Descendants of the Sun’ aired on GMA Network 57 views | posted on October 19, 2020
- BBC Studios, Bilibili sign new content sales and production agreement to bring the best of BBC to China 40 views | posted on October 19, 2020
- Netflix action-thriller ‘6 Underground’ becomes the first movie to receive a rebate for outsourcing its visual effects to Malaysia 36 views | posted on October 19, 2020
- Hotstar launches in Singapore with exclusive streaming of the Dream11 IPL 2020 Playoffs and Final 32 views | posted on October 20, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020