Viu signs largest regional content deal up to date
HONG KONG – leading pan-regional OTT video service, Viu, has signed an agreement with JTBC, a leading Korean cable broadcaster, to offer Viu viewers access to over 80% of JTBC’s quality drama series and variety shows. It marks the largest regional content volume deal that JTBC has signed in Asia. Complementing its existing substantial Korean content from major broadcasters KBS, MBC, SBS and CJ E&M, Viu now offers its viewers the largest volume of Korean drama series and variety shows in Southeast Asia.
With this agreement, Viu users can now enjoy over hundreds of hours of content from JTBC’s extensive new drama series and variety shows with local language subtitles as fast as 4 hours after telecast in South Korea. This is the most welcome move for avid Korean content fans in key markets like Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia and the Philippines.
Armed with fresh stories and original formats, JTBC ranks as one of the top 5 broadcasters for drama and variety content in Korea. Recently, JTBC enjoys consistently high ratings with two hit dramas, Strong Girl Bong-soon and The Lady in Dignity, which were the two popular drama series aired on cable TV in Korea in 2017.
- GoDaddy and AXN launch Philippine reality show to jump-start Filipino entrepreneurs 54 views | posted on August 13, 2020
- On Viu in August: Latest releases include three K-drama series, award-winning Indonesian films 52 views | posted on August 11, 2020
- Viddsee announces content partnership with Indonesia’s RCTI+ 47 views | posted on August 12, 2020
- Grabyo supports Mediacorp in providing multi-platform coverage of the Singapore General Election 2020 40 views | posted on August 11, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020