Unlikely Winter Athletes Star in New Olympic Channel Original Series Far From Home
MADRID – The Olympic Channel’s presents new documentary series presents Far From Home, which brings you the inspiring stories behind the most unlikely winter Olympic athletes who face financial, personal and cultural hurdles as they attempt to qualify for PyeongChang 2018. The six-episode, multi-part series debuts Monday, 5 February on the Olympic Channel global digital platform which is available worldwide.
Filmed over eight months in 12 countries, including some not known for winter sports, Far From Home was produced exclusively for the Olympic Channel by Boardwalk Pictures, the award-winning team behind Chef’s Table, WZRD Media and Madica Productions.
From the Caribbean to the Himalayas and South America to the Middle East, these athletes share the dream of walking into PyeongChang’s Olympic Stadium and showing the world that circumstances do not define their potential.
Each episode follows the incredible journey of an athlete who must balance their personal lives with gruelling training regimes and competitions, including figure skater Julian Yee, 20, who will represent Malaysia at their first-ever Olympic Winter Games.
The series also features Shiva Keshavan, 36, who is heading to his sixth Olympic Winter Games, and is the first Indian athlete to compete in luge at the Games.
Far From Home also features the inspiring journeys of women’s ice hockey player Sojung Shin from the 2018 host country, Republic of Korea, alpine skier Forough Abbasi from Iran, cross country skier Victor Santos from Brazil, and the first women’s bobsleigh team of Carrie Russell and Jazmine Fenlator from Jamaica as they train, prepare and qualify for PyeongChang 2018.
The Olympic Channel is a ground-breaking global platform where fans can experience the power of sport and the excitement of the Olympic Games all year round, and is available worldwide via mobile apps for Android and iOSdevices and at olympicchannel.com.
Olympic Channel Episode Guide: Far From Home
Episode 1 – Far From Home: Julian Yee – Malaysia
Malaysia’s first figure skating Olympian Julian Yee wants sport, and his presence in PyeongChang, to be a unifying force for his country.
- TechStorm kickstarts 2021 with a bang as it launches on Malaysia’s latest direct-to-home platform Sirius TV 387 views | posted on January 11, 2021
- Bidya Sinha Mim and Pritom Hasan starrer ZEE5 Original ‘WTFry’ premieres on ZEE5 77 views | posted on January 11, 2021
- ZEASN and Line TV partner to bring trending content to smart TVs 76 views | posted on January 11, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Producer Alan Eucharis Choo 53 views | posted on January 11, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Producer Alan Eucharis Choo by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 11, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020