Unlikely Winter Athletes Star in New Olympic Channel Original Series Far From Home
MADRID – The Olympic Channel’s presents new documentary series presents Far From Home, which brings you the inspiring stories behind the most unlikely winter Olympic athletes who face financial, personal and cultural hurdles as they attempt to qualify for PyeongChang 2018. The six-episode, multi-part series debuts Monday, 5 February on the Olympic Channel global digital platform which is available worldwide.
Filmed over eight months in 12 countries, including some not known for winter sports, Far From Home was produced exclusively for the Olympic Channel by Boardwalk Pictures, the award-winning team behind Chef’s Table, WZRD Media and Madica Productions.
From the Caribbean to the Himalayas and South America to the Middle East, these athletes share the dream of walking into PyeongChang’s Olympic Stadium and showing the world that circumstances do not define their potential.
Each episode follows the incredible journey of an athlete who must balance their personal lives with gruelling training regimes and competitions, including figure skater Julian Yee, 20, who will represent Malaysia at their first-ever Olympic Winter Games.
The series also features Shiva Keshavan, 36, who is heading to his sixth Olympic Winter Games, and is the first Indian athlete to compete in luge at the Games.
Far From Home also features the inspiring journeys of women’s ice hockey player Sojung Shin from the 2018 host country, Republic of Korea, alpine skier Forough Abbasi from Iran, cross country skier Victor Santos from Brazil, and the first women’s bobsleigh team of Carrie Russell and Jazmine Fenlator from Jamaica as they train, prepare and qualify for PyeongChang 2018.
The Olympic Channel is a ground-breaking global platform where fans can experience the power of sport and the excitement of the Olympic Games all year round, and is available worldwide via mobile apps for Android and iOSdevices and at olympicchannel.com.
Olympic Channel Episode Guide: Far From Home
Episode 1 – Far From Home: Julian Yee – Malaysia
Malaysia’s first figure skating Olympian Julian Yee wants sport, and his presence in PyeongChang, to be a unifying force for his country.
- True crime documentary series ‘The Night Caller’ pre-sales from Abacus Media Rights 42 views | posted on September 25, 2020
- Ekaterina Yakushenko joins newly revamped THEMA RUS 42 views | posted on September 25, 2020
- Reed Exhibitions announces leadership change at Reed MIDEM 34 views | posted on September 29, 2020
- GoQuest Media signs international distribution rights for ‘Rats’ 31 views | posted on September 25, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020