DHX Media, A Stark Production and Technicolor announced that Australia’s ABC ME has ordered 13 new half-hour episodes of the global hit series The Deep, bringing the total number of episodes to 52 half-hours. Season three of The Deep will be available to Netflix members worldwide, and on DHX Media’s own Family CHRGD in Canada.
The Deep follows the adventures of the Nekton family—a brilliant team of underwater explorers. With state-of-the-art technology and an unquenchable thirst for discovery, the Nektons explore the mysterious depths of the ocean, where most of our world lies unexplored and unexplained.
In season three, the Nektons are back and the Monumentials—huge creatures capable of changing the world—are waking from their long slumber! To put the giants back to sleep, Ant, Fontaine, Will and Kaiko must find the ancient city of Lemuria and harness its secret. Dangerous pirates, fantastic creatures and tantalizing mysteries will confront them along the way. But even with unexpected help from Jeffrey the Fish, they’re running out of time.
The Deep is a global hit that has garnered numerous industry awards, including the 50th Annual AWGIE Awards in Australia for Children’s Television (5-14 years old), the 2017 Kidscreen Award for Best New Series (Kids Category) and the Golden Sparrow Award at the 2017 German Children’s Media Festival.
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 45 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- ZEASN announces brand-new Smart TV App Store V3.0 40 views | posted on September 18, 2020
- Viu announces the launch of the inaugural Viu Pitching Forum in Malaysia 40 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights sells CBC original series ‘Trickster’ to NITV & SBS On Demand Australia and more 39 views | posted on September 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020