Boat Rocker Media acquires FremantleMedia’s kids & family entertainment division
LONDON, UK/TORONTO CANADA – Boat Rocker Media has acquired FremantleMedia’s Kids & Family Entertainment division, headquartered in London, UK, with offices in New York and Hong Kong. Effective immediately, this acquisition signals Boat Rocker’s continued commitment to developing, producing and monetizing an expanded catalogue of premium kids & family entertainment while simultaneously enhancing Boat Rocker Rights’ global reach for its scripted and unscripted catalogue, now totaling over 6,000 half hours.
Established in 2010, FremantleMedia Kids & Family Entertainment has built an exceptional portfolio of 45+ brands consisting of over 150 series and 1,600 half hours of programming for children from pre-school to tweens/teens. FremantleMedia’s current Kids & Family Entertainment division will be integrated into Boat Rocker Media’s global distribution arm, Boat Rocker Rights, immediately expanding its scale and capabilities, particularly in European and Asian markets. Boat Rocker Rights is overseen by its President, Jon Rutherford.
- Meet the K-drama stars of the new series ‘Kairos’ on #TwitterBlueroom Live before its premiere 312 views | posted on October 23, 2020
- Asian storytelling, reimagined: New genres, fresh opportunities for Asian creators at the Singapore Media Festival 2020 51 views | posted on October 21, 2020
- Hotstar launches in Singapore with exclusive streaming of the Dream11 IPL 2020 Playoffs and Final 44 views | posted on October 20, 2020
- BBC Studios announces deal with Discovery Inc. for ‘Top Gear’ catalogue in Japan 39 views | posted on October 26, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020