Keshet International’s (KI) talent format Rising Star has been re-commissioned for a second and third series by Colors TV, Viacom18’s flagship entertainment brand in India. Following the success of series one, which attracted an average audience share of 30% and three million voters across the series, Optimystix Entertainment will produce another two 24 x 90 series for the leading Hindi-language channel which will be launched in January 2018.
Series one of the local version launched in a prime-time slot on Colors TV in February this year and marked the country’s first ever real time voting show, attracting approximately three million voters across the series. The hotly anticipated series finale culminated in a tense and nail-biting conclusion, in which two singers were separated by only 0.2% of the audience vote. The finale also saw acclaimed actor and producer Anil Kapoor (Slumdog Millionaire) appear as guest judge.
- Global Agency announces new sales for rom-com series ‘Daydreamer’ 10.2k views | posted on October 27, 2020
- BBC Studios announces deal with Discovery Inc. for ‘Top Gear’ catalogue in Japan 68 views | posted on October 26, 2020
- CNN International Commercial appoints Rob Bradley and Cathy Ibal to lead ‘Audience First’ strategy 51 views | posted on October 29, 2020
- ITV Studios presents its exciting content slate at its inaugural Fall Festival 43 views | posted on October 26, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020