Keshet International’s (KI) talent format Rising Star has been re-commissioned for a second and third series by Colors TV, Viacom18’s flagship entertainment brand in India. Following the success of series one, which attracted an average audience share of 30% and three million voters across the series, Optimystix Entertainment will produce another two 24 x 90 series for the leading Hindi-language channel which will be launched in January 2018.
Series one of the local version launched in a prime-time slot on Colors TV in February this year and marked the country’s first ever real time voting show, attracting approximately three million voters across the series. The hotly anticipated series finale culminated in a tense and nail-biting conclusion, in which two singers were separated by only 0.2% of the audience vote. The finale also saw acclaimed actor and producer Anil Kapoor (Slumdog Millionaire) appear as guest judge.
- Firstlight Media teams with Google Cloud to deliver next-gen OTT 50 views | posted on January 21, 2021
- Rising Asia keeps the region prolific with diverse content 46 views | posted on January 22, 2021
- Banijay Rights new sales structure in LATAM, Canada, and German-speaking territories 46 views | posted on January 25, 2021
- Saloon Media announces start of production on ‘Hotel Paranormal’ S2 and return of Dan Aykroyd as narrator 46 views | posted on January 25, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020