Keshet International’s (KI) talent format Rising Star has been re-commissioned for a second and third series by Colors TV, Viacom18’s flagship entertainment brand in India. Following the success of series one, which attracted an average audience share of 30% and three million voters across the series, Optimystix Entertainment will produce another two 24 x 90 series for the leading Hindi-language channel which will be launched in January 2018.
Series one of the local version launched in a prime-time slot on Colors TV in February this year and marked the country’s first ever real time voting show, attracting approximately three million voters across the series. The hotly anticipated series finale culminated in a tense and nail-biting conclusion, in which two singers were separated by only 0.2% of the audience vote. The finale also saw acclaimed actor and producer Anil Kapoor (Slumdog Millionaire) appear as guest judge.
- GMA News and GMA Public Affairs are the top online news outlets in the Philippines 204 views | posted on August 4, 2020
- CJ ENM Hong Kong partners with iQIYI International to bring tvN movies SVOD service regionally 55 views | posted on August 7, 2020
- Korean superstar, Yoo Ah-In of Spackman Entertainment Group’s Associated Company, Spackman Media Group, to star in Netflix’s new Korean original series, ‘Hellbound’ 39 views | posted on August 4, 2020
- Multiple-award winning Thai film ‘Bad Genius’ has been turned into a 12-part series on Dimsum Entertainment’s platform 38 views | posted on August 6, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020