Beverly Hills, Calif – Starz announced that Mishel Prada (“Fear the Walking Dead: Passage,” Tell Me How I Die), Karen Ser Anzoategui (“East Los High,” “Crazy Ex-Girlfriend,” “The Fosters”), Chelsea Rendon (A Better Life, McFarland, USA, “The Fosters”), Carlos Miranda (The Bling Ring, Grandma, “Chicago PD”) and Maria Elena Laas (“Suffering Man’s Charity,” The Hot Chick) have been cast as series regulars alongside Melissa Berrera (“Club de Cuervos,” “La Mujer de Judas”) in the new Starz Original series “Vida” from Showrunner Tanya Saracho (“How to Get Away With Murder,” “Looking,” “Girls”).
Alonso Ruizpalacios (Gueros, Verde) directs the series premiere episode. Big Beach TV will produce the Latinx series with Robin Schwartz, Peter Saraf and Marc Turtletaub, serving as executive producers. Stephanie Langhoff (“Togetherness,” “The Bronze,” “The Skeleton Twins”) is also executive producing with Emmy award-winning Chrisann Verges (“Girlboss,” “Getting On,” “Warm Springs”) producing. Series casting by Emmy-winning Casting Director Carmen Cuba (“Stranger Things,” STARZ Original limited series “The Girlfriend Experience,” The Martian).
“Vida” is a half-hour drama series focusing on two Mexican-American sisters, Emma and Lyn, from the Eastside of Los Angeles who couldn’t be more different or distanced from each other. Circumstances force them to return to their old neighborhood, where they are confronted by the past and shocking truth about their mother’s identity.
Mishel Prada will portray “Emma” who, estranged from both her sister and her mother, reluctantly returns for her mother’s funeral and to deal with the family business. Previously cast, Melissa Barrera will play her sister, “Lyn,” a care-free party girl, who has figured out how to live a pretty worry-free life in the Bay Area.
Karen Ser Anzoategui will portray “Eddy,” a sensitive soul who is trustworthy, generous and passionate but also intimidating looking upon first glance. Chelsea Rendon will play “Marisol” who is the expression of east side youth culture: woke, politicized, and deep in the resistance. Carlos Miranda will play “Johnny,” a stand-up guy who runs his ailing dad’s auto shop and is engaged to his pregnant girlfriend but has a history with Lyn. Maria Elena Laas will portray “Cruz,” an enigmatic lesbian who has a checkered history with Emma.
Newcomer Mishel Prada starred in the acclaimed Emmy-nominated digital series “Fear The Walking Dead: Passage” and has appeared in several indie films.
- Canal+ and Cmore journey to ‘Eden’ with All3media International 98 views | posted on June 21, 2021
- K-drama lead actor Song Seon-Heon returns with a new investigative crime drama ‘Voice 4’ on tvN 64 views | posted on June 18, 2021
- Globecast partners with Viaccess-Orca and MainStreaming for new end-to-end OTT Platform, App development 62 views | posted on June 21, 2021
- iQiyi Original K-drama series ‘Jirisan’ completes filming 59 views | posted on June 22, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020