Media I.M partners Discovery Kids for Sunny Bunnies
London – Media I.M. Incorporated Ltd, the London-based content distribution company that specialises in premium animation and family entertainment, has signed a landmark deal with Discovery Kids in India for its hit animation Sunny Bunnies.
Under the three-year deal, which covers the pay-TV, simulcast and catch-up rights, Discovery Kids will air seasons one and two (52 x 3.5 mins) of Belarus-based Digital Light Studio’s non-dialogue comedy for four- to seven-year-olds from this November. Discovery Kids is the first Indian broadcaster to take Sunny Bunnies, bringing the total number of territories to air the series to more than 160.
Talking about the deal, Uttam Pal Singh, Head – Discovery Kids, Discovery Communications India, said, ‘’We are dedicated to offering differentiated content like Sunny Bunnies and proud to be a part of the world premiere of this unique comedy series. This fascinatingly crafted short format series and the mischievous characters, has all the elements to captivate and engage with the kids in India.”
Media IM co-founder Maria Ufland said: “Introducing Sunny Bunnies to Indian kids has long been an ambition, and Discovery is the dream partner to launch our little friends on their Indian adventure. India is not only one of the biggest, most vibrant and exciting markets in the world but it’s also an extremely challenging one to break into, which makes this deal a genuine milestone for Media I.M. And we know Indian children will love this show as much as their counterparts around the world”
In other Sunny Bunnies news, Brazilian SVOD app PlayKids has taken season one of the show. The platform, aimed at children up to the age of eight, is now available in more than 100 countries in several key languages.
- Tokyo Broadcasting System Television, Inc. licenses global streaming rights to ‘Ninja Warrior’, ‘Unbeatable Banzuk’ 239 views | posted on April 15, 2021
- Zee and Tokyo Broadcasting System Television, Inc. announce new co-production partnership 91 views | posted on April 12, 2021
- Anime titles from Medialink Group’s Ani-One library to start streaming on Mediacorp’s meWATCH platform 77 views | posted on April 12, 2021
- SynProNize and ATV take Turkish drama series ‘Hercai’ to Pakistan 49 views | posted on April 12, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020