Paris – Walesi, the Fijian Government’s Digital Television infrastructure management company, has signed a multi-year agreement with Eutelsat Communications that will for the first time expand free-to-air television throughout Fiji. The agreement covers C-band capacity on the Eutelsat 172B satellite to complement terrestrial coverage of the Walesi digital television platform.
Eutelsat’s new, all-electric satellite, now in full commercial service, will allow Walesi to provide digital free-to-air television via a Direct-to-Home (DTH) platform that will serve even the most remote, deep rural, and maritime areas of Fiji located beyond range of terrestrial networks. The platform will initially provide access to six digital free-to-air channels – with capacity to further expand – that will be accessible via a set-top box. Walesi will announce details regarding the DTH roll-out and Government-subsidised boxes in the coming weeks.
- ZEASN and New ID to incorporate popular K-content in WhaleLive 83 views | posted on April 8, 2021
- Zee and Tokyo Broadcasting System Television, Inc. announce new co-production partnership 65 views | posted on April 12, 2021
- Anime titles from Medialink Group’s Ani-One library to start streaming on Mediacorp’s meWATCH platform 57 views | posted on April 12, 2021
- SynProNize and ATV take Turkish drama series ‘Hercai’ to Pakistan 42 views | posted on April 12, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020