With the simple push of a button, Japan has changed modern life. But in a country that can be limited by its own rules, the challenge is to escape the confines of the conventional and discover the next big thing. This month, CNN’s ‘On Japan’ aims to explore the country’s everlasting commitment to being a technological trendsetter and showcase its innovative spirit.
As every season comes and goes, nature has always held a power over Japan. Both devastating and inspirational, this country is finding new ways to use it for a better future. Team Lab is a Tokyo-based art collective that wants to reconnect us to nature with show stopping works of art. CNN travels down to Saga to witness how these “ultra-technologists” have digitized nature. ‘On Japan’ then visits TBM, another company inspired by nature. It’s hoped their new material, Limex, will replace paper and plastic. Made from limestone, it’s more eco-friendly and has already won numerous design awards.
The 2011 earthquake and tsunami was a disaster that forced traditional industries to innovate in order to recover. Hiroki Iwasa, an IT entrepreneur is bringing his technological prowess to the farming industry. His Migaki Ichigo brand of strawberries is grown in high-tech greenhouses where the environment is controlled by computer programs. And if that’s not enough to help farming becoming more efficient, another company, Mebiol has created a new method of farming inspired by artificial organs. Yuichi Mori developed Imec film farming. He grows plants without soil on a hydrogel membrane. This means the plants require 90 percent less water than traditional farming and can be grown in almost any environment.
- Here are seven new Korean titles from iQIYI to satisfy your K-Drama fix 90 views | posted on January 26, 2021
- Saloon Media announces start of production on ‘Hotel Paranormal’ S2 and return of Dan Aykroyd as narrator 56 views | posted on January 25, 2021
- Rising Asia keeps the region prolific with diverse content 53 views | posted on January 22, 2021
- ‘Beyblade Burst’ TV series now airing on RTV Indonesia via Animasia Studio 52 views | posted on January 22, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020