Singapore makes a strong showing at the 2017 Asia TV Forum & Market (ATF), with 77 media companies showcasing their latest works at the Market’s Singapore Pavilion. ATF is part of the on-going Singapore Media Festival, and runs from 29 November to 1 December 2017.
Presented by the Info-communications Media Development Authority (IMDA), the lineup includes over 800 hours of compelling Asian stories, with 138 film, television, VR and game titles from a diverse range of genres. Ranging from animation and documentaries to dramas and reality programmes, they are produced and distributed by local companies like Robot Playground Media, BananaMana Films, XTREME Media, Monstrou Studio, Clover Films and more.
New seasons and titles for 2018 and beyond (Television Picks) | Fresh content, first time in market. Hit It is an award-winning gameshow format that takes a spin off normal sports games, pitting two teams against each other in a series of comedic sports-linked challenges. Produced by Xtreme Media, the original and ingenious format came out tops at last year’s inaugural ATF Formats Pitch. It has since been produced in Singapore and commissioned for Mediacorp’s Suria channel, and will debut in February 2018.
Internationally-acclaimed animation series, Oddbods follows the adventures of seven adorable characters as they traverse their way through the most seemingly-ordinary situations, often with unexpected consequences. Produced by Singapore-based One. Animation and distributed by Bomanbridge Media, the series will be releasing an Oddbods Christmas Special for the first time, which follows the motley crew as they attempt to save Santa and Christmas from the trouble they’ve created.
Oddbods is broadcasted in over 100 countries internationally, and was recently announced as one of the 2018 International Emmy Kids Awards nominees. Art of Craft by Beach House Pictures explores the compelling human stories behind the world’s leading master craftsmen and the stunning beauty of their pieces. It aims to share with audiences the authenticity, passion and unusual skills of these modern day artists in their pursuit of perfection. New seasons and titles for 2018 and beyond (Film Picks) The Violinist by Robot Playground Media brings audiences on a moving story of a legendary violinist, as she recounts her life and career spanning across 80 years of Malaya, Singapore and Southeast Asian history.
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 66 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights sells CBC original series ‘Trickster’ to NITV & SBS On Demand Australia and more 41 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- ZEASN announces brand-new Smart TV App Store V3.0 40 views | posted on September 18, 2020
- Viu announces the launch of the inaugural Viu Pitching Forum in Malaysia 40 views | posted on September 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020