New York – A+E Networks has signed a deal with China’s Jiangsu Broadcasting Corporation to co-produce Scars of Nanking, it was announced by Edward Sabin, Executive Managing Director of A+E Networks International.
Marking the 80th anniversary of the brutal massacre by Japanese invaders during World War II, the one-hour docu-drama will premiere December 13, 2017 on History in the U.S., History Asia and simultaneously on Jiangsu Satellite TV in China.
“Over the past few years, Jiangsu Broadcasting Corporation has built strong awareness of these horrible events with a number of impactful documentaries. Now, as we approach the 80th anniversary, we are honored to be joining the effort to create a production that tells the story with a western perspective and narrative to be shared with a much broader audience,” said Alan Hodges, Managing Director, Asia Pacific, A+E Networks.
“We are excited to be working with A+E Networks, whose reputation for providing impactful, disruptive content clearly places it among the top providers of both factual and scripted content around the globe. A+E provides the perfect combination of talent and demonstrated acumen required to tell this important story to a mainstream global audience,” said Cao Haibin, General Manager of JSBC Documentary Media Co., Ltd
Sabin added, “Our Asia team has done an incredible job in this collaborative opportunity to work with one of China’s most influential media operators and produce a show of significant regional importance. This is a premiere project that is certain to lead to a long and fruitful collaboration with Jiangsu.”
- Toonz Media Group joins forces with Ferly for ‘Kingdom of None’ 69 views | posted on June 8, 2021
- Viu offers a special treat to frontline food delivery heroes of Singapore 52 views | posted on June 9, 2021
- KC Global Media expands distribution in Cambodia, Malaysia, and the Philippines 50 views | posted on June 10, 2021
- Red Fiber offers special deals and sets expansion goals for seamless customer experience in the Philippines 36 views | posted on June 10, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020