Singapore – StarHub and TVB celebrated 25 years of partnership with the conclusion of the eighth StarHub TVB Awards. The event commemorated past achievements and looked forward to the future with a new generation of stars, Wayne Lai and Nancy Sit were conferred the 25th Anniversary Most Popular TVB Drama Male and Female Character awards for their timeless portrayals of iconic TV characters.
Despite the strong competition, the 25th Anniversary Most Popular TVB Drama Male Character award was given to Wayne Lai for his role as a mistreated yet fiercely loyal coolie Chai Kau in the 2009 smash hit Rosy Business. The character earned Wayne Lai several acting awards and propelled him into top ranks within TVB. The name Hao Yi is synonymous with Nancy Sit and the household name snagged the 25th Anniversary Most Popular TVB Drama Female Character award for her part as Leung Yun Ho in one of the longest running TVB series A Kindred Spirit.
“This year signifies an important milestone for StarHub and TVB as we celebrate our 25 years of partnership. Sustained success can only be achieved through strong partnerships with like-minded partners and we are honoured to have found such a partner in TVB. As we reflect on the past years and savour the fruits of our partnership, we remain committed to bringing the best of Hong Kong television to viewers in Singapore,” said Ms Jeannie Ong, Chief Strategic Partnership Officer of StarHub.
Mr Mark Lee, Executive Director and Group Chief Executive Officer of TVB, commented: “The StarHub TVB Awards 2017 has been nothing short of amazing and credit goes to the entire team for its dedication to making this event a roaring success. As we celebrate 25 years of partnership with StarHub, we are honoured to have found a committed partner and we look forward to many more years of collaboration ahead.”
- Global Agency announces new sales for rom-com series ‘Daydreamer’ 10.1k views | posted on October 27, 2020
- BBC Studios announces deal with Discovery Inc. for ‘Top Gear’ catalogue in Japan 67 views | posted on October 26, 2020
- CNN International Commercial appoints Rob Bradley and Cathy Ibal to lead ‘Audience First’ strategy 48 views | posted on October 29, 2020
- Synamedia report: Knockout blow for sports piracy requires incentives and deterrents 40 views | posted on October 27, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020