Singapore – StarHub and TVB celebrated 25 years of partnership with the conclusion of the eighth StarHub TVB Awards. The event commemorated past achievements and looked forward to the future with a new generation of stars, Wayne Lai and Nancy Sit were conferred the 25th Anniversary Most Popular TVB Drama Male and Female Character awards for their timeless portrayals of iconic TV characters.
Despite the strong competition, the 25th Anniversary Most Popular TVB Drama Male Character award was given to Wayne Lai for his role as a mistreated yet fiercely loyal coolie Chai Kau in the 2009 smash hit Rosy Business. The character earned Wayne Lai several acting awards and propelled him into top ranks within TVB. The name Hao Yi is synonymous with Nancy Sit and the household name snagged the 25th Anniversary Most Popular TVB Drama Female Character award for her part as Leung Yun Ho in one of the longest running TVB series A Kindred Spirit.
“This year signifies an important milestone for StarHub and TVB as we celebrate our 25 years of partnership. Sustained success can only be achieved through strong partnerships with like-minded partners and we are honoured to have found such a partner in TVB. As we reflect on the past years and savour the fruits of our partnership, we remain committed to bringing the best of Hong Kong television to viewers in Singapore,” said Ms Jeannie Ong, Chief Strategic Partnership Officer of StarHub.
Mr Mark Lee, Executive Director and Group Chief Executive Officer of TVB, commented: “The StarHub TVB Awards 2017 has been nothing short of amazing and credit goes to the entire team for its dedication to making this event a roaring success. As we celebrate 25 years of partnership with StarHub, we are honoured to have found a committed partner and we look forward to many more years of collaboration ahead.”
- Firstlight Media teams with Google Cloud to deliver next-gen OTT 31 views | posted on January 21, 2021
- Short-format OTT platform Biiggbang Amusement launches as it aims to have the world’s largest content library 30 views | posted on January 19, 2021
- GoQuest Media locks in distribution deal with Telekom Srbija 28 views | posted on January 19, 2021
- A+E Networks® continues commitment to women in front of and behind the camera with ‘Women in Global Entertainment (WGE): Power Profile’ at virtual NATPE 2021 26 views | posted on January 22, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020