This year, Singapore’s Info-communications Media Development Authority (IMDA) will lead a delegation of 16 Singapore media companies to MIPCOM 2017, presenting over 450 hours of compelling stories from Asia across 50 titles. The Singapore companies at the market range from animation and factual content producers such as Tiny Island Productions, Monstrou Studio and Beach House Pictures, to distributors like Ying Group and Silver Wolf International.
HALFWORLDS is an original dark action fantasy series produced by HBO Asia with Singapore-based Infinite Studios. Helmed by Thai filmmaker Ekachai Uekrongtham, season two of HALFWORLDS widens the universe established in the first season, shifting from the back alleys of Jakarta to the neon streets of Bangkok, where a tenacious researcher named Juliet tries to uncover a hidden world of demons and gets more than she bargained for. The series has received critical acclaim across Asia, and features an ensemble cast of actors from Thailand, Indonesia, The Philippines and Taiwan.
From the native Portuguese of Macau, to Nigerians raised in Korea Strangers at Home explores the lives of minority communities in Asia, who though locally born and raised, are forced to adapt and cope with the challenges brought about by their unique identities as ‘foreigners’ in their homeland. Produced by The Moving Visuals Co., the Chinese-language documentary is available in market for the first time.
A neo-noir film set in Southeast Asia, The Block is a contemporary thriller and romantic love story that runs into themes of darkness, eroticism and violence. Directed by Singapore filmmaker Leonard Yip, the fiction feature is produced by M’GO FILMS and supported by the Singapore Film Commission, and is currently in development.
- HBO confirmed as official partner on ‘Miss Fisher’s Murder Mysteries’ spin-off ‘Miss S’ 45 views | posted on September 16, 2020
- Tata Sky partners with Accedo to develop the user interface of its Smart Set-top box – Tata Sky Binge+ 41 views | posted on September 14, 2020
- Spackman Entertainment Group’s ‘#ALIVE’ number one on Netflix globally 35 views | posted on September 15, 2020
- ABP Network focuses on telling inspiring stories gleaned from across the nation 26 views | posted on September 16, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020