New York – On the heels of international ratings success for its current slate of formats including Seven Year Switch, Alone and Bride & Prejudice, A+E Networks is introducing three new formats for the global marketplace at MIPCOM, it was announced by Ellen Lovejoy, Vice President/Head of Content Sales, Americas and Formats.
“A+E Networks is at the forefront of delivering formats that are easily localized across the globe,” said Lovejoy. “We are proud of our recent ratings success and look forward to building on that momentum with these new, innovative concepts.”
Live PD, the provocative ratings juggernaut that has redefined factual programming, takes police transparency to an unprecedented level. It is the only real-time crime series on the air, and rated as the #1 unscripted crime series in 2017 in the U.S. It follows the activity of multiple police officers in multiple cities across the country on a typical evening patrol. The groundbreaking format comes to MIPCOM as it continues to set ratings records. Since its premiere in October 2016, Live PD has a posted 152% ratings growth in total viewers. Live PD also became the most watched unscripted series on cable. A&E Network has greenlit an additional 100 episodes, extending its freshman run to a remarkable 142 episodes.
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 91 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- Viu announces the launch of the inaugural Viu Pitching Forum in Malaysia 51 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights sells CBC original series ‘Trickster’ to NITV & SBS On Demand Australia and more 44 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Nippon TV’s ‘Your Turn To Kill’ receives award at 2020 Seoul International Drama Awards 35 views | posted on September 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020