SINGAPORE- HOOQ, the largest Video on Demand service in South-East Asia, gets exclusive SVOD rights to bring three of Marvel’s latest series – Marvel’s Inhumans, Marvel’s Runaways and Marvel’s Cloak and Dagger – on the same day as the US telecast on their platform for the Philippines, Indonesia, Thailand and Singapore, via a newly inked deal with The Walt Disney Company South-East Asia.
While the first chapter of Marvel’s Inhumans has been released last week worldwide in IMAX theatres, the following episodes will then be available on HOOQ from the end of September with additional exclusive content, not seen in IMAX theatres. Next up will be Marvel’s Runaways which debuts on digital on November 21st, 2017. Marvel’s Cloak and Dagger will be released later on in 2018. All these will have all episodes screened same day as the US telecast.
These 3 new series will join the collection of Marvel movies and series already on the HOOQ platform – the recent Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.2, Agent Carter, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Marvel’s the Avengers, Thor, Iron Man, Iron Man 2, and Captain America – The First Avenger.
This exclusive deal comes shortly after HOOQ announced their collaboration with Disney, earlier this year to bring their latest movies onto the platform via Transactional VOD (TVOD).
“HOOQ is always looking for new ways and partnerships to bring exciting and quality content to our viewers. This tie-up with Disney, which now allows our viewers to catch their favourite series Inhumans, Runaways and Cloak and Dagger on the same day as the US telecast is something we are very proud of and brings the world of Marvel’s superheroes closer to Asia. Marvel’s series’ now available on HOOQ is the first of many things to come with this tie-up and we will continue to push boundaries, to evolve and stay committed to delivering unique, compelling and edgy stories to millions of our customers in the region,” said Chief Executive Officer of HOOQ, Peter Bithos.
- AXN All-Stars reunites entertainment heavyweights in a heart-warming virtual collaborative performance 89 views | posted on November 27, 2020
- The Asia TV Forum & Market and ScreenSingapore officially opens its virtual doors on 1 December 82 views | posted on December 1, 2020
- iQIYI International expands global footprint with launch on Zeasn’s Whale Eco 78 views | posted on November 27, 2020
- Silvergate Media prepares to launch season two of award-winning animated series ‘Hilda’ 55 views | posted on November 27, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020