HOOQ appoints Jennifer Batty as chief content officer
Singapore – HOOQ , the largest Video on Demand service in South-East Asia, has appointed Jennifer Batty, as its new Chief Content Officer (CCO). She arrives at HOOQ with almost two decades’ worth of experience at the forefront of programming and channel development in North America, Asia and Europe. Most recently Jennifer was Executive Vice President of Programming at RTL CBS Asia Entertainment.
“Jennifer needs no introduction in the Asian region. She has a stellar reputation in the industry and we are so proud to welcome her to the HOOQ family. Most importantly, she understands the region and she knows customers’ media appetite. You don’t just see it in her résumé – you see it every day in her work. Her knowledge of Asia combined with her passion for content are assets we welcome to HOOQ,” said HOOQ Chief Executive Officer Peter Bithos.
Her appointment could not be timelier. HOOQ is enjoying a burgeoning audience base, to meet a rise in demand for more quality content with greater variety. High on her to-do list is to build on last week’s agreement with Marvel for exclusive SVOD rights to three new series – namely Marvel’s Inhumans, Marvel’s Runaways and Marvel’s Cloak and Dagger. This represents an extension of a deal signed with Disney early in the year. Additionally HOOQ is aiming to extend its list of Asian originals with Saranair Love You currently playing in Thai cinemas and available on HOOQ 3 months after the last cinematic screening as well as Asian originals co-produced by HOOQ from Indonesia including Critical Eleven, Sweet 20 and Marlina the Murderer in Four Acts, which was also recently screened at the Director’s Fortnight at Cannes and this week at the Toronto International Film Festival.
- Winsing Animation spotlights its new IP at the ATF 46 views | posted on November 23, 2020
- AVIA closes the year on a high note with its biggest turnout yet for the Asia Video Summit 37 views | posted on November 25, 2020
- Stone Village, BlackBox Multimedia partner to Adapt Mary Shelley’s ‘Frankenstein’ 30 views | posted on November 23, 2020
- Bilibili announces 33 new Chinese anime titles at ‘Made By Bilibili 2020-2021’ 30 views | posted on November 24, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020