HISTORY greenlights scripted drama series The Breach
New York – HISTORY has ordered the six-episode scripted drama series “The Breach: Inside the Impeachment of Bill Clinton,” announced by Eli Lehrer, Executive Vice President of Programming, HISTORY. Based on Peter Baker’s New York Times bestseller, “The Breach: Inside the Impeachment and Trial of William Jefferson Clinton,” the series will be executive produced and directed by Emmy Award winner R.J. Cutler and is from FremantleMedia North America in association with A+E Studios. Casting is currently underway.
A political thriller, “The Breach: Inside the Impeachment of Bill Clinton” is an intimate, riveting depiction of how one of the nation’s biggest political scandals unfolded – from the revelation that President Clinton was having an affair with Monica Lewinsky, through the political combat that saw Hillary Clinton, Newt Gingrich, Prosecutor Ken Starr, Congressman Bob Livingston and many others dominating the national headlines. “The Breach: Inside the Impeachment of Bill Clinton” is a day-by-day, and sometimes hour-by-hour, account of one of the most politically charged chapters in American political history. For the first time, viewers will be taken inside Republican and Democrat war rooms, revealing the infighting among the President’s advisors, the secret back-channel negotiations between the White House and Congress, Tom DeLay’s strategy to force President Clinton out of office, and the Democrats’ pressure for Clinton to resign. The aftershocks of this scandal still reverberate through the government and the world to this day.
“Featuring an array of well-known modern political figures, ‘The Breach’ will bring audiences behind the scenes of an event that changed Washington forever – the first impeachment of an elected president in American history,” said Lehrer. “This drama builds upon our core scripted programming slate of compelling, contemporary storytelling that embraces our recent history and we are confident R.J. will bring a unique vision to President Clinton’s gripping story.”
Cutler, who began his filmmaking career as producer of “The War Room,” the Academy Award nominated documentary about President Clinton’s 1992 campaign for the White House, has directed a number of classic films about contemporary politics including the Emmy-nominated “A Perfect Candidate” and the critically acclaimed, “The World According to Dick Cheney.”
- Meet the K-drama stars of the new series ‘Kairos’ on #TwitterBlueroom Live before its premiere 96 views | posted on October 23, 2020
- Netflix picks up Philippine adaptation of ‘Descendants of the Sun’ aired on GMA Network 62 views | posted on October 19, 2020
- BBC Studios, Bilibili sign new content sales and production agreement to bring the best of BBC to China 42 views | posted on October 19, 2020
- Netflix action-thriller ‘6 Underground’ becomes the first movie to receive a rebate for outsourcing its visual effects to Malaysia 39 views | posted on October 19, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020