HISTORY greenlights scripted drama series The Breach
New York – HISTORY has ordered the six-episode scripted drama series “The Breach: Inside the Impeachment of Bill Clinton,” announced by Eli Lehrer, Executive Vice President of Programming, HISTORY. Based on Peter Baker’s New York Times bestseller, “The Breach: Inside the Impeachment and Trial of William Jefferson Clinton,” the series will be executive produced and directed by Emmy Award winner R.J. Cutler and is from FremantleMedia North America in association with A+E Studios. Casting is currently underway.
A political thriller, “The Breach: Inside the Impeachment of Bill Clinton” is an intimate, riveting depiction of how one of the nation’s biggest political scandals unfolded – from the revelation that President Clinton was having an affair with Monica Lewinsky, through the political combat that saw Hillary Clinton, Newt Gingrich, Prosecutor Ken Starr, Congressman Bob Livingston and many others dominating the national headlines. “The Breach: Inside the Impeachment of Bill Clinton” is a day-by-day, and sometimes hour-by-hour, account of one of the most politically charged chapters in American political history. For the first time, viewers will be taken inside Republican and Democrat war rooms, revealing the infighting among the President’s advisors, the secret back-channel negotiations between the White House and Congress, Tom DeLay’s strategy to force President Clinton out of office, and the Democrats’ pressure for Clinton to resign. The aftershocks of this scandal still reverberate through the government and the world to this day.
“Featuring an array of well-known modern political figures, ‘The Breach’ will bring audiences behind the scenes of an event that changed Washington forever – the first impeachment of an elected president in American history,” said Lehrer. “This drama builds upon our core scripted programming slate of compelling, contemporary storytelling that embraces our recent history and we are confident R.J. will bring a unique vision to President Clinton’s gripping story.”
Cutler, who began his filmmaking career as producer of “The War Room,” the Academy Award nominated documentary about President Clinton’s 1992 campaign for the White House, has directed a number of classic films about contemporary politics including the Emmy-nominated “A Perfect Candidate” and the critically acclaimed, “The World According to Dick Cheney.”
- Firstlight Media teams with Google Cloud to deliver next-gen OTT 35 views | posted on January 21, 2021
- Short-format OTT platform Biiggbang Amusement launches as it aims to have the world’s largest content library 31 views | posted on January 19, 2021
- Rising Asia keeps the region prolific with diverse content 30 views | posted on January 22, 2021
- GoQuest Media locks in distribution deal with Telekom Srbija 29 views | posted on January 19, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020