Hong Kong – FOX Networks Group Asia is pleased to announce the appointment of Mike Whittaker as Executive Vice President, Chief Technology Officer, for Asia Pacific and the Middle East. This appointment further strengthens FNGA’s experienced technology team, paving the way for FNGA to become a truly technology-driven, digital company.
In this role, Mike will be the top technology officer at FNG Asia and has the overall responsibility to craft, socialise and champion an integrated technological strategy and vision. As part of his remit, Mike will lead the BTO and IT teams forging them into a best in class unit that ensures FNGA has the latest tools and technology to deliver its content and improve all processes in ways that would have seemed impossible a few years ago. Mike will report to Zubin Gandevia.
With over 25 years’ in the industry, prior to FNGA, Mike was consulting with ITV, the leading commercial broadcast in the UK, on their PPV sports strategy and operation. His experienced and distinguished career also includes senior technology and operational roles at Sports Information Services (SIS), Technicolour Broadcast Services (now part of Ericsson), Orbit Showtime Network (OSN) in Dubai and 18 years at the BBC in the UK in various roles including Head of Operations, Strategy and Technology Support.
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 45 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- ZEASN announces brand-new Smart TV App Store V3.0 40 views | posted on September 18, 2020
- Viu announces the launch of the inaugural Viu Pitching Forum in Malaysia 40 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights sells CBC original series ‘Trickster’ to NITV & SBS On Demand Australia and more 39 views | posted on September 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020