Singapore – First Media announces its’ first OTT collaboration with HOOQ , the largest Video on Demand service in South-East Asia to bring to Indonesian consumers the ultimate triple play offering which includes cable TV, broadband and Over The Top (OTT) service. By end September 2017, more than half a million First Media subscribers will be able to enjoy a free trial and a special early bird promotion on HOOQ with easy access via First Media Android set-top-boxes or on First Media’s TV Anywhere mobile app, FirstMediaX (FMX) that provides subscribers the ability to watch the channels at home and on the go.
The fixed broadband penetration in 2016 was 9.1% and is expected to be 10.7% by the end of 2017. Wireless broadband was at 34% in 2016 and is expected to be 41% by end of 2017 according to Media Partners Asia data – both industries way under-penetrated. Indonesia is the 4th most populous nation in the world followed by China, India and United States. For a country with a population of approximately 263 million people and approximately 42% of them are below 24 years old, there is a lot of potential for growth for broadband as well as OTT players.
Meena Kumari Adnani, Executive Vice President (EVP) of Content Development and Business Affairs PT First Media Tbk said, “First Media’s vision is very clear. As the leading cable TV and broadband operator in Indonesia, we have always believed in being innovative to stay ahead of the game and to meet customer needs in an ever changing world. We need to always think “customer first” whilst continuing to create more touch points and engagement opportunities with our subscribers”.
“This strategic collaboration with HOOQ will provide our subscribers with the ability to consume a wide range of content offered by HOOQ on demand, on a large screen through our interactive set-top-box, on the go, on their gadget or their mobile wherever and whenever they want. In combination with our TV Anywhere service called FirstMediaX, this will provide a holistic content offering to our subscribers,” added Meena.
- Australia’s Nine Network, Taiwan’s Chunghwa Telecom set to broadcast Sonar’s eSports sci-fi series – ‘Interface’ 283 views | posted on October 16, 2020
- Los Angeles-based Organic Media Group, Taipei’s Creative Century Entertainment delivers two new series 175 views | posted on October 14, 2020
- Yellow, Black and White to premiere ‘Sherlock: The Russian Chronicles’ at MIPCOM 2020 70 views | posted on October 15, 2020
- Euronews launches on Singapore operator StarHub 60 views | posted on October 15, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020