Global content creator, producer and distributor Endemol Shine Group alongside leading supplier of hit unscripted content and alternative formats, Universal Television Alternative Studio, announced they have signed a first series deal for The Wall in Australia. Endemol Shine Australia has been commissioned by SEVEN in Australia to produce the international smash hit format The Wall from Glassman Media, SpringHill Entertainment and Universal Television Alternative Studio.
The news follows the recent announcement of the French Canadian deal with Quebecor Content as The Wall continues to roll out globally with successful launches in France, Spain and Germany.
A ratings smash in each new market, The Wall was a breakout success when it launched in the U.S. on NBC and is the #1 regular-season game show. It is the highest-rated game show of the year in France on TF1 and its debut on Telecinco in Spain saw The Wall ranked at #1 in its timeslot with a 17.3% share, exceeding the primetime average across a range of demographics.
The most recent launch on RTL Germany saw The Wall decisively beating all the competition for the key 14-49 demo, increasing the channel’s slot average share by 11%.
The Wall is a tense heart-stopping quiz that requires both the right answers and the right bounces in order to win a life-changing cash prize. A combination of quiz, luck and strategy set against the background of a highly dramatic and interactive set piece, a pair of teammates must work together to tackle the mammoth wall. Emotions run high as green and red balls fall down The Wall, determining monumental gains and heart-breaking losses.
- Ampverse and POPS Worldwide collaborate to create video gaming content series 73 views | posted on July 10, 2020
- Nippon TV’s hit smartphone game, ‘HunterxHunter’ expands to Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Macau 72 views | posted on July 10, 2020
- All-new episodes of Marquee TV shows back on air from 13th July on ZEE5 Global 60 views | posted on July 13, 2020
- CNN International announces Selina Wang as new Asia-based correspondent 38 views | posted on July 14, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020