DHX Media, Technicolor and a Stark Production presents The Deep
Newly signed deals for season two’s 13 half-hour episodes include: Universal Kids (U.S.), Nickelodeon (Greece), NRK Super (Norway), YLE (Finland), POP (Italy), Biggs (Portugal), RTBF’s OUFtivi (Belgium), MBC3 (Middle East), Minimax (CEE), KidZone TV (Baltics), Multimania (Russia), Hop! (Israel), SVT (Sweden), TSR (Switzerland), SRC (French Canada), and Zap (Angola and Mozambique). These add to a roster of previously announced deals, which includes: Australia’s ABC ME, CBBC in the U.K., Netflix in the U.S., Germany’s Super RTL and Canada’s Family CHRGD.
Season two’s much anticipated new episodes will debut on Australia’s ABC ME daily from August 22, and started rolling out weekly in July on the UK’s CBBC in their popular Faves at Five Slot.
“A commitment to a second season of The Deep from so many international broadcasters is testament to the show’s massive popularity with kids and families, worldwide,” said Josh Scherba, EVP Distribution and Content at DHX Media. “The Deep is fun, fresh and full of excitement, and we’re extremely pleased with the results of this collaboration with Technicolor and A Stark Production.”
Since its debut, The Deep has proven to be a top-rated show that resonates with kids around the world. It has garnered international industry nominations and awards, including the 2017 Kidscreen Award for Best New Series (Kids Category) and most recently, the Golden Sparrow Award at the German Children’s Media Festival. The series has also been nominated for the 50th Annual AWGIE Awards in Australia for Children’s Television (5-14 years old).
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 66 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- ZEASN announces brand-new Smart TV App Store V3.0 41 views | posted on September 18, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights sells CBC original series ‘Trickster’ to NITV & SBS On Demand Australia and more 41 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Viu announces the launch of the inaugural Viu Pitching Forum in Malaysia 40 views | posted on September 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020