DHX Media, Technicolor and a Stark Production presents The Deep
Newly signed deals for season two’s 13 half-hour episodes include: Universal Kids (U.S.), Nickelodeon (Greece), NRK Super (Norway), YLE (Finland), POP (Italy), Biggs (Portugal), RTBF’s OUFtivi (Belgium), MBC3 (Middle East), Minimax (CEE), KidZone TV (Baltics), Multimania (Russia), Hop! (Israel), SVT (Sweden), TSR (Switzerland), SRC (French Canada), and Zap (Angola and Mozambique). These add to a roster of previously announced deals, which includes: Australia’s ABC ME, CBBC in the U.K., Netflix in the U.S., Germany’s Super RTL and Canada’s Family CHRGD.
Season two’s much anticipated new episodes will debut on Australia’s ABC ME daily from August 22, and started rolling out weekly in July on the UK’s CBBC in their popular Faves at Five Slot.
“A commitment to a second season of The Deep from so many international broadcasters is testament to the show’s massive popularity with kids and families, worldwide,” said Josh Scherba, EVP Distribution and Content at DHX Media. “The Deep is fun, fresh and full of excitement, and we’re extremely pleased with the results of this collaboration with Technicolor and A Stark Production.”
Since its debut, The Deep has proven to be a top-rated show that resonates with kids around the world. It has garnered international industry nominations and awards, including the 2017 Kidscreen Award for Best New Series (Kids Category) and most recently, the Golden Sparrow Award at the German Children’s Media Festival. The series has also been nominated for the 50th Annual AWGIE Awards in Australia for Children’s Television (5-14 years old).
- Here are seven new Korean titles from iQIYI to satisfy your K-Drama fix 66 views | posted on January 26, 2021
- Saloon Media announces start of production on ‘Hotel Paranormal’ S2 and return of Dan Aykroyd as narrator 52 views | posted on January 25, 2021
- Rising Asia keeps the region prolific with diverse content 51 views | posted on January 22, 2021
- ‘Beyblade Burst’ TV series now airing on RTV Indonesia via Animasia Studio 48 views | posted on January 22, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020