Being at the forefront of Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) protection, Viacom18 announced its partnership with the Cell for IPR Promotion and Management (CIPAM), a professional body under the aegis of Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP) to launch a sustained behaviour change and capacity building campaign around protection of proprietary content and fight against piracy.
Intellectual Property Rights (IPRs) are increasingly becoming crucial drivers of social and economic growth in the 21st century. In this context, Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP) is organizing a three day “National Workshop on Enforcement of Intellectual Property Rights” from 22nd to 24th August, 2017. The workshop was inaugurated by Hon’ble Union Minister of Home Affairs, Shri Rajnath Singh. This workshop is designed to help police officials and prosecutors across the country in understanding and appreciating the importance of their role in effective enforcement of IPRs. It will also provide an opportunity to the officials to share their experiences, exchange best practices and coordinate effectively with each other.
This is not the first time that Viacom18 has been championing the cause of IPR protection. Earlier this year, along with the Bombay High Court, the media conglomerate conducted a crack-down on counterfeit merchandise of their licensed character Dora the Explorer. This initiative was primarily targeted to protect children from hazards of using inferior quality products under their misrepresentation of them as Viacom18 Consumer Products merchandise. The company, which also owns Viacom18 Motion Pictures, had previously led a campaign against film piracy.
- Here are seven new Korean titles from iQIYI to satisfy your K-Drama fix 78 views | posted on January 26, 2021
- Saloon Media announces start of production on ‘Hotel Paranormal’ S2 and return of Dan Aykroyd as narrator 55 views | posted on January 25, 2021
- Rising Asia keeps the region prolific with diverse content 52 views | posted on January 22, 2021
- ‘Beyblade Burst’ TV series now airing on RTV Indonesia via Animasia Studio 51 views | posted on January 22, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020