Manila-The “Philippines in View 2017” Pay-TV conference, hosted by regional industry body CASBAA, on 30 August 2017 at the Marriott Hotel in Manila, will highlight the country’s role as a continuing growth market for digital video in all its forms. However, the Philippines is also a market likely to face growing challenges from online video piracy as broadband infrastructure improves.
At the Conference, CASBAA will launch its “Philippines in View 2017” Market Report which encompasses an exclusive of study of younger urban consumers in the Philippines.
The CASBAA study reconfirms that Filipino youth audiences in particular, continue to seek out unauthorised, pirated video content. Some 86 percent of survey respondents admitted to downloading pirated content from flash memory sticks. “But that will change — and soon”, said John Medeiros, CASBAA’s Chief Policy Officer “as this is relatively low-tech”.
The study revealed that the vast majority of consumers in the Philippines said they would consume more (legal and pirated) TV content as soon as they can secure improved internet connectivity.
“And that’s why the TV industry in the Philippines, and around the world, urgently needs to run fast and work hard to place high-quality, convenient and legal content options in front of consumers to prevent the pirate syndicates from easily winning them over”, said Medeiros.As a curtain raiser, the conference will be keynoted by Carlo Katigbak, President & CEO, ABS-CBN Corporation.
- GMA News and GMA Public Affairs are the top online news outlets in the Philippines 203 views | posted on August 4, 2020
- CJ ENM Hong Kong partners with iQIYI International to bring tvN movies SVOD service regionally 50 views | posted on August 7, 2020
- Korean superstar, Yoo Ah-In of Spackman Entertainment Group’s Associated Company, Spackman Media Group, to star in Netflix’s new Korean original series, ‘Hellbound’ 37 views | posted on August 4, 2020
- Multiple-award winning Thai film ‘Bad Genius’ has been turned into a 12-part series on Dimsum Entertainment’s platform 35 views | posted on August 6, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020