New York – Sony Pictures Television Networks president Andy Kaplan, a Director of the International Academy, will serve as Gala Chair for the 45thInternational Emmy Awards, which will take place on Monday, November 20, 2017 in New York City. Kaplan oversees Sony Pictures Television Networks’ distinguished portfolio of popular branded entertainment channels reaching nearly two billion subscribers around the world.
Kaplan will preside over the Gala, during which the International Academy will recognize programming in eleven program categories and present Special Awards to Kevin Spaceyand Emilio Azcárraga Jean. Spacey is a two-time Academy Award winning actor and producer and star of hit series House of Cards. Azcárraga is Chairman of the Board, President and CEO of Grupo Televisa, the world’s largest Spanish-language content provider and Mexico’s largest broadcaster and pay television provider. Spacey will receive the Founders Emmy and Azcárraga will receive the Directorate Emmy.
“Andy and I have worked together on many projects over the years and I greatly admire his professionalism and knowledge of the business,” said Bruce L. Paisner, President & CEO of the International Academy of Television Arts & Sciences.
- Netflix original series ‘Better Than Us’ sets independent second season with Organic Media, Wudi Pictures for streaming in Greater China 75 views | posted on November 18, 2020
- Hearst Television Station utilises TVU Networks for daily remote broadcast 43 views | posted on November 18, 2020
- E1 Championship flags off with the region’s top sim-racers competing for a share of US$15,000 40 views | posted on November 19, 2020
- Quintus acquires factual titles for its VOD channels Free Documentary and Free Documentary Nature 36 views | posted on November 20, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020