ABS-CBN Corporation, the Philippine’s leading media and entertainment company, as the most watched TV network in the country after its programs dominated ratings in both urban and rural homes nationwide that include action series “Brothers” (“FPJ’s Ang Probinsyano”), fantasy drama about werewolves and vampires “La Luna Sangre,” teen edition of worldwide hit singing competition “The Voice Teens,” and riveting revenge drama “Wildflower.”
According to data from Kantar Media, ABS-CBN scored an average audience share of 46% in combined urban and rural homes last month compared to rival network GMA with only 34%. Multinational audience measurement provider Kantar Media uses a nationwide panel size of 2,610 urban and rural homes that represent 100% of the total Philippine TV viewing population.
ABS-CBN also ruled across all time blocks from morning to evening and rated highest on primetime, where the network enjoyed a 51% average national audience share which means half of the Filipino viewing population tuned in to ABS-CBN’s programs from 6PM to 12MN. Its rival GMA, on the other hand, only scored a primetime audience share of 32%.
This dominance in ratings remains driven by ABS-CBN’s quality programming, mastery in storytelling, and expertise in content creation. In fact, nine out of the top ten most watched programs in the country for July were produced by ABS-CBN.
Leading the pack is action drama series Brothers” (“FPJ’s Ang Probinsyano”) with an average national TV rating of 37.3%. It tells the story of policeman Cardo Dalisay (Coco Martin) in a quest to avenge the death of his twin brother, Ador. Ever since it launched in PH television in September 2015, the show has been the undefeated number one program in the Philippines.
From an action packed series, ABS-CBN also captivated viewers with its newest fantasy drama “La Luna Sangre,” which scored an average national TV rating of 34.8%. Topbilled by sought after Filipino actors Kathryn Bernardo and Daniel Padilla, “La Luna Sangre” enters the world of werewolves and vampires and follows the journey of Malia (Bernardo), a young woman believed to be the ‘chosen one’ who shall fulfill a prophecy that will end the evil reign of the vampires’ supreme leader.
- ‘The Rookie’ starring Nathan Fillion is coming to AXN Asia starting 23 February 108 views | posted on February 19, 2021
- Viu to showcase 11 new Korean dramas in February and March 90 views | posted on February 19, 2021
- Flame bids farewell to its founder John Caldon 59 views | posted on February 22, 2021
- U-NEXT enters licensing partnership with ViacomCBS for a selection of new series from SHOWTIME® to premiere in Japan 58 views | posted on February 22, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020