ABS-CBN remains to be the network of choice by more Filipinos with its quality news programs and values oriented series in the month of June. This is based on data from Kantar Media, which showed that ten out of the most watched programs nationwide were produced by ABS-CBN, as the network garnered an average audience share of 46% among rural and urban homes versus GMA’s 34%.
Leading the list was the Coco Martin starrer “FPJ’s Ang Probinsyano,” which recorded an average national TV rating of 35.5%. Viewers continued to follow the life of Cardo (Coco) as the program entered its new chapter, which marks Cardo’s journey to seek justice for the death of his son Ricky Boy.
Securing the second spot was ABS-CBN’s newest primetime series “La Luna Sangre” whose first two weeks recorded an average national TV rating of 34.1%. Aside from Kathryn Bernardo and Daniel Padilla’s comeback on television, viewers also tuned in to Richard Gutierrez’s debut as a Kapamilya, the special participation of Angel Locsin and John Lloyd Cruz, and the charming child stars of the series.
Also bringing excitement to viewers were the much-talked about battle rounds of “The Voice Teens” that recorded 33.9%. “MMK” (33.3%), meanwhile, continued to touch the hearts of viewers with its letter senders’ inspiring stories.
“TV Patrol,” on the other hand, remained as the most watched news program in the country as it registered an average national TV rating of 30.3%, beating its rival program “24 Oras” (20.2%).
- Winsing Animation spotlights its new IP at the ATF 53 views | posted on November 23, 2020
- AXN All-Stars reunites entertainment heavyweights in a heart-warming virtual collaborative performance 53 views | posted on November 27, 2020
- AVIA closes the year on a high note with its biggest turnout yet for the Asia Video Summit 43 views | posted on November 25, 2020
- iQIYI International expands global footprint with launch on Zeasn’s Whale Eco 41 views | posted on November 27, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020