Hong Kong – Turner will soon be bringing viewers in Asia- Pacific new content from master storyteller and filmmaker Ridley Scott (The Martian, Blade Runner, Alien: Covenant), and Miracle Workers, a workplace comedy series starring Daniel Radcliffe and Owen Wilson.
The Scott sci-fi series is being developed by Turner’s TNT brand as part of a night of original science-fiction programming, as announced at its recent annual upfront in New York City. Initial plans are for an hour-long series produced by Scott’s Scott Free Productions in association with Turner’s Studio T, with Scott and David W. Zucker (The Good Wife, The Man in the High Castle) serving as executive producers and Jordan Sheehan (The Good Fight, The Terror) and Clayton Krueger (JCVJ, Mercy Street) as co-executive producers.
Scheduled to launch in 2018 with seven episodes, the first season of Miracle Workers will be a Heaven-set workplace comedy based on Rich’s book What in God’s Name. Radcliffe will play Craig, a low level angel responsible for handling all of humanity’s prayers and Owen Wilson will play Craig’s boss, God, who has pretty much checked out to focus on his favourite hobbies. To prevent Earth’s destruction, Craig must achieve his most impossible miracle to date.
- CJ ENM Hong Kong partners with iQIYI International to bring tvN movies SVOD service regionally 105 views | posted on August 7, 2020
- MediaHub Australia celebrates 10th year anniversary with more success and services 79 views | posted on August 7, 2020
- Multiple-award winning Thai film ‘Bad Genius’ has been turned into a 12-part series on Dimsum Entertainment’s platform 65 views | posted on August 6, 2020
- David Elder appointed GM at Silver Trak Digital New Zealand 51 views | posted on August 7, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020