NBC News and Euronews announced the closing of a transaction in which NBC News is making a significant financial investment in Euronews. NBC News is acquiring 25% of the company, with the funding going to support expanded news coverage and programming across Europe.
Media Globe Networks will continue to be the majority shareholder in Euronews, and the existing public shareholders will remain in the company and continue to ensure its European focus and sensibility.The company’s TV and digital platforms will ultimately be co-brandedEuronewsNBC.
Euronews is a widely recognized brand in Europe with nearly 500 journalists, reaching 434 million homes across 158 countries, in 12 languages, on television and on digital platforms.
Andrew Lack, Chairman of NBC News and MSNBC said “If we had started with a blank slate we still could not have designed a better partner for NBC News as we look to strengthen our global reach. Euronews has unmatched scale as well as the unique ability to offer international coverage rooted in a local sensibility in every country and language it spans.”
Michael Peters, CEO of Euronews said: “The expertise of NBC News combined with the uniqueness of Euronews’ European DNA, will allow us to fully realise our ‘All Views’ editorial philosophy. This unrivalled collaboration reflects our shared commitment to unbiased reporting. It also strengthens Euronews’ mission to empower people around the world with independent information they can trust. In the competitive international news market, Euronews aims to be the go-to media outlet for expertise on European affairs. This is a new age for Euronews and we are pleased to partner with the outstanding NBC News team.”
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 66 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- ZEASN announces brand-new Smart TV App Store V3.0 41 views | posted on September 18, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights sells CBC original series ‘Trickster’ to NITV & SBS On Demand Australia and more 41 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Viu announces the launch of the inaugural Viu Pitching Forum in Malaysia 40 views | posted on September 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020