San Mateo – Viki Inc., a leading global TV streaming platform and subsidiary of Rakuten, Japan-based leader in e-commerce and internet services announced the appointment of Joanne Waage, Viki’s SVP of Partnerships and Programming and former executive at MobiTV and Viacom, as its new Chief Executive Officer.
Waage, who led the company’s content and business development strategy for two years, will take over the position from Tammy H. Nam, who remains an advisor to both Viki and Rakuten.
“I’m thrilled to be assuming the leadership position at Viki,” said Waage. “I look forward to leading this young and dynamic company by leveraging our unrivaled understanding of fandom and engagement. Our mission is to bring global entertainment to new fans everywhere and continue breaking down barriers along the way.”
- ViacomCBS consumer products bolster Asia team with new hires 60 views | posted on May 7, 2021
- Disney+ Hotstar set to launch in Malaysia on 1 June 48 views | posted on May 4, 2021
- TFC tops Comscore’s TV viewing engagement for Filipino networks in multicultural Asian households in the US in March 2021 45 views | posted on May 4, 2021
- Tencent’s WeTV now available on Zeasn’s Whale Eco 34 views | posted on May 7, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020