ABS-CBN widened its ratings lead over its rival TV stations nationwide in May as it recorded an average audience share of 46%, 12 points higher than GMA’s 34%, according to data from Kantar Media.Multinational audience measurement provider Kantar Media uses a nationwide panel size of 2,610 urban and rural homes that represent 100% of the total Philippine TV viewing population.
Half of the country’s households also tuned in to ABS-CBN’s primetime block (6PM-12MN), which garnered an average audience share of 50%, a solid 17-point lead over GMA’s 33%. The primetime block is the most important part of the day when most Filipinos watch TV and advertisers put a larger chunk of their investment in to reach more consumers effectively.ABS-CBN also pulled away in the morning block (6AM-12NN) with an audience share of 37% versus GMA’s 32%, in the noontime block (12NN-3PM) with 43% versus GMA’s 38%, and in the afternoon block (3PM-6PM) with 47% versus GMA’s 35%.May’s figures also reveal that ABS-CBN produced eight out of the top ten most watched programs across urban and rural homes nationwide, with “FPJ’s AngProbinsyano” still leading the pack with an average national TV rating of 38.2%.
Second on the list is “The Voice Teens” (34.7%), followed by “MMK” (31.8%) “Wansapanataym” (31.7%), “TV Patrol” (30.3%), “My Dear Heart” (26.9%), “Home Sweetie Home” (23.1%), and “Wildflower” (22.5%).ABS-CBN also maintained its lead in other areas such as Total Balance Luzon where it recorded an average audience share of 47% compared to GMA’s 36%, in Total Luzon with 41% versus GMA’s 37%, in Total Visayas with 53% versus GMA’s 28%; and in Total Mindanao with 53% versus GMA’s 29%.Aside from radio and television, ABS-CBN has also become the leader in the local music, film, cable TV, and publishing industries and is also the pioneer of digital television in the country.
As of end of March, ABS-CBN TVplus has already sold 2.6 million boxes nationwide since its launch in 2015 and significantly boosted ABS-CBN’s TV ratings. According to data from Kantar Media, ABS-CBN’s audience share in Mega Manila increased to 36% in 2017, compared to 30% in 2015, as more households are able to experience crystal clear viewing experience with ABS-CBN TVplus. ABS-CBN’s ratings in Mega Manila also rose to 14% from 11% in 2015.Rapidly transitioning into a digital company, ABS-CBN leads all media networks in bringing its content online to address the change in the Filipinos’ viewing habits.
- The Q bolsters its original content offering; Announces first TV original ‘Crime Aur Kanoon’ 181 views | posted on July 20, 2021
- Astro launches its new Ultra Plug & Play Box 166 views | posted on July 23, 2021
- iQiyi reveals brand-new Chinese language drama slate 144 views | posted on July 21, 2021
- Asia’s e-sports broadcasters unlock an exciting world of gameplay 105 views | posted on July 20, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021