Beijing – NBCUniversal announced a partnership with China’s leading digital entertainment platform, Youku, a unit of Alibaba Digital Media & Entertainment Group, who will produce a localised version in China of NBC’s highly successful hit show, Saturday Night Live.
Over the last few years, ten International versions of Saturday Night Live have been licensed across the world, more recently including France and Middle East – with China now added to that line-up. Saturday Night Live will be Youku’s new flagship entertainment show for this 2017’s Fall/Winter schedule, showcasing the best of Chinese culture and comedy.
Saturday Night Live is one of the longest running shows in the United States. Debuting in 1975, the iconic show is now in its 43rd season, with each show attracting an average of 11 million viewers. It has been a banner year for NBC’s comedy icon, with US viewership up 29% over last year, resulting in the show’s best season since 1993-4.
- Zee and Tokyo Broadcasting System Television, Inc. announce new co-production partnership 81 views | posted on April 12, 2021
- Anime titles from Medialink Group’s Ani-One library to start streaming on Mediacorp’s meWATCH platform 73 views | posted on April 12, 2021
- SynProNize and ATV take Turkish drama series ‘Hercai’ to Pakistan 44 views | posted on April 12, 2021
- BBC Studios licenses the scripted format ‘Doctor Foster’ to ABS-CBN 35 views | posted on April 13, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020