MTG wins extended rights to FA Cup, EFL Cup & EFL Championship
MTG has further reinforced its unrivalled position as the pan-Nordic home of live football coverage by securing the exclusive Nordic media rights to the FA Cup, the EFL Cup and the EFL Championship on a long-term deal well into the next decade. MTG’s free-TV and Viasat channels, and Viaplay streaming service, will now show even more live football all year round and for years to come.
MTG has extended its exclusive media rights to English football’s FA Cup and Community Shield in Sweden and Finland to also include Norway from this year and Denmark next year. The rights package will increase from 48 to 80 games next year.
MTG has also extended its exclusive media rights to the EFL Cup and EFL Championship in Sweden and Finland to include Norway and Denmark from the start of the 2017/2018 season until the end of the 2021/2022 season. The rights package for the EFL Cup knock-out tournament comprises 30 games each season, while the EFL Championship is played out over 46 rounds with the dramatic promotion play-offs and season ending final.
- Disney+ officially starts streaming in Singapore on 23 February 65 views | posted on February 24, 2021
- Colors Kannada launches ‘BIGG BOSS Kannada’ Season 8 58 views | posted on February 26, 2021
- Fremantle acquires multi-territory production rights for ‘Good With Wood’ 49 views | posted on February 25, 2021
- VOOT launches interactivity for Colors fiction shows 33 views | posted on February 24, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020