Singapore – Mediacorp bagged 12 awards at the 2017 New York Festivals TV and Film Awards. The New York Festivals and its International Television and Film Awards recognise the best in news, sports, documentary, information and entertainment programmes, including music videos, infomercials and feature films. This year, entries were received from over 40 countries making the awards one of the most well-known and widely respected competitions in the world.
Among the Mediacorp brands, Channel NewsAsia was the biggest winner with five Silver and four Finalist awards. Channel NewsAsia’s investigative documentary, Get Real, takes a fresh look at old issues by highlighting trends and triggering debate, won Silver for its two programmes – China’s Left Behind and Heart of the Haze. Another investigative series, Undercover Asia, where reporters go undercover to expose the secret underbelly of Asia, scored a Silver in Kasur’s Lost Children. The other winning titles include India’s Stolen Generation in Insight, Drunken Fever in IT Figures to Vice and Virtue: 1800s Singapore.
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 92 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- Viu announces the launch of the inaugural Viu Pitching Forum in Malaysia 53 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights sells CBC original series ‘Trickster’ to NITV & SBS On Demand Australia and more 45 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Nippon TV’s ‘Your Turn To Kill’ receives award at 2020 Seoul International Drama Awards 36 views | posted on September 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020