Paris – The first ever MIP China Hangzhou International Content Summit will bow in one week, heralding the advent of a new platform to foster international TV partnerships in China. MIP China Hangzhou will run from 23-25 May 2017. Some 80 companies have so far confirmed attendance at the Partnership Forum, the first ever matchmaking event focused on Sino-international content development, including major names such as Warner, Sony, Viacom, Turner, TV Azteca, All3Media, Fuji Creative, and Tokyo Broadcasting System.
Among Chinese companies attending are the national networks CCTV/CITVC, Beijing TV, Jiangsu TV, Henan TV, Hunan TV, Shandong TV, SMG and Zhejiang TV. Also present will be online giants Alibaba Media Entertainment Group, Youku and Tencent Video. Local representatives of consumer brands L’Oréal, Yili, Intel, and Pepsi will also be in attendance for 1-to-1 meetings with international companies.
MIP China has two new sponsors, Zhejiang Satellite TV and Hakim Unique Media, and its local partners are MegaMedia and CMM-I.
MIP China will also feature a parallel two-day training conference for an additional 150 Chinese TV executives interested in learning how to develop their content for international markets. Highlights will include a keynote from Geng Danhao, Senior Vice President of iQiyi, the Chinese online video specialist, who will discuss the new frontiers opening up in China’s film and TV industry. iQiyi.com is one of the main online services in China with close to 500 million monthly spectators, and has just signed a licencing agreement with Netflix.
- Winsing Animation spotlights its new IP at the ATF 48 views | posted on November 23, 2020
- AVIA closes the year on a high note with its biggest turnout yet for the Asia Video Summit 40 views | posted on November 25, 2020
- Stone Village, BlackBox Multimedia partner to Adapt Mary Shelley’s ‘Frankenstein’ 33 views | posted on November 23, 2020
- Bilibili announces 33 new Chinese anime titles at ‘Made By Bilibili 2020-2021’ 31 views | posted on November 24, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020