Paris – Eutelsat Communications and Abertis Group have reached an agreement on the sale of Eutelsat’s 33.69% stake in Hispasat to Abertis. It follows the initiation of the process in July 2016 when Eutelsat exercised the put option granted in 2008 by Abertis, Hispasat’s majority shareholder.
The agreed price for Eutelsat’s stake is €302 million, representing an EBITDA multiple of 7.1x based on Hispasat’s 2016 results. The closing of the transaction is subject to Spanish government approval and other customary conditions precedent, and is expected in the second half of calendar year 2017.
The divestment of the stake is consistent with Eutelsat’s strategy of rationalising its portfolio of assets in order to maximise cash generation.
- Winsing Animation spotlights its new IP at the ATF 51 views | posted on November 23, 2020
- AXN All-Stars reunites entertainment heavyweights in a heart-warming virtual collaborative performance 46 views | posted on November 27, 2020
- AVIA closes the year on a high note with its biggest turnout yet for the Asia Video Summit 41 views | posted on November 25, 2020
- iQIYI International expands global footprint with launch on Zeasn’s Whale Eco 38 views | posted on November 27, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020