Paris – Eutelsat Communications and Abertis Group have reached an agreement on the sale of Eutelsat’s 33.69% stake in Hispasat to Abertis. It follows the initiation of the process in July 2016 when Eutelsat exercised the put option granted in 2008 by Abertis, Hispasat’s majority shareholder.
The agreed price for Eutelsat’s stake is €302 million, representing an EBITDA multiple of 7.1x based on Hispasat’s 2016 results. The closing of the transaction is subject to Spanish government approval and other customary conditions precedent, and is expected in the second half of calendar year 2017.
The divestment of the stake is consistent with Eutelsat’s strategy of rationalising its portfolio of assets in order to maximise cash generation.
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 90 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- Viu announces the launch of the inaugural Viu Pitching Forum in Malaysia 50 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights sells CBC original series ‘Trickster’ to NITV & SBS On Demand Australia and more 44 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Nippon TV’s ‘Your Turn To Kill’ receives award at 2020 Seoul International Drama Awards 34 views | posted on September 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020