Courtney A. Kemp signs deal with Starz and Lionsgate
Beverly Hills and Santa Monica, Calif – Heading into the fourth season premiere of the hit Starz original series Power, Starz and Lionsgate have signed Power creator, showrunner and executive producer Courtney A. Kemp to an exclusive multi-year overall deal. The collaborative nature of Kemp’s new deal expands her relationship with the company to include Lionsgate which allows Kemp to develop and produce new projects for Starz and other content through her End of Episode production company, while also continuing to serve in her current role as showrunner and executive producer on Power.
The deal was negotiated for Lionsgate by Television Group President Sandra Stern and for Starz by Senior VP Business & Legal Affairs Russell Schwartz. The third season of Power delivered a record 8 million multiplatform viewers (Live + SD) per episode and was the most watched premium television original series in 2016, behind only Game of Thrones.The 10-episode fourth season returns on Sunday, June 25th airing all day with a Power Play marathon stunt.
- ZEASN announces brand-new Smart TV App Store V3.0 40 views | posted on September 18, 2020
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 40 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights sells CBC original series ‘Trickster’ to NITV & SBS On Demand Australia and more 39 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Viu announces the launch of the inaugural Viu Pitching Forum in Malaysia 38 views | posted on September 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020