Philippines – ABS-CBN sustained its leadership in nationwide TV viewing across urban and rural homes in April (excluding Holy Week) as it recorded an average audience share of 43%, or nine points higher than GMA’s 34%, according to data from Kantar Media. Multinational audience measurement provider Kantar Media uses a nationwide panel size of 2,610 urban and rural homes that represent 100% of the total Philippine TV viewing population.
ABS-CBN also remained unbeatable in the primetime block with an average audience share of 49%, beating GMA’s 33% by 16 points. The primetime block is the most important part of the day when most Filipinos watch TV and advertisers put a larger chunk of their investment in to reach more consumers effectively.
Kantar Media’s data also showed that ABS-CBN drew more viewers in the morning block with an audience share of 34% versus GMA’s 33%, in the noontime block with 42% versus GMA’s 36%, and in the afternoon block with 43% versus GMA’s 35%. Like in the previous month, ABS-CBN swept nine out of the ten most watched programs in the country in April. FPJ’s Ang Probinsyano is still the undisputed top program with an average national TV rating of 37.7%, followed by The Voice Teens (35.5%), Your Face Sounds Familiar Kids (34.5%), Wansapanataym (32.6%), and MMK (31.8%).
Also remaining on the list were the country’s number one newscast TV Patrol with 29.1%, and primetime favorites My Dear Heart with 26.5%, Home Sweetie Home with 23.3%, and Rated K with 20.5%. ABS-CBN also maintained its lead in other areas such as Total Balance Luzon where it recorded an average audience share of 44% compared to GMA’s 36%, in Total Luzon with 39% versus GMA’s 36%, in Total Visayas with 51% versus GMA’s 28%; and in Total Mindanao with 52% versus GMA’s 29%.
Aside from radio and television, ABS-CBN has also become the leader in the local music, film, cable TV, and publishing industries and is also the pioneer of digital television in the country. As of end of March, ABS-CBN TVplus has already sold 2.6 million boxes nationwide. Rapidly transitioning into a digital company, ABS-CBN leads all media networks in bringing its content online to address the change in the Filipinos’ viewing habits. The top five most watched programs on iWant TV in April were A Love to Last, Wildflower, FPJ’s Ang Probinsyano, The Greatest Love, and The Better Half.
- Meet the K-drama stars of the new series ‘Kairos’ on #TwitterBlueroom Live before its premiere 136 views | posted on October 23, 2020
- Asian storytelling, reimagined: New genres, fresh opportunities for Asian creators at the Singapore Media Festival 2020 48 views | posted on October 21, 2020
- Hotstar launches in Singapore with exclusive streaming of the Dream11 IPL 2020 Playoffs and Final 43 views | posted on October 20, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights appoints distribution sales expert Hana Palmer as Head of Sales 37 views | posted on October 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020