IMDA and Cartoon Network support animation in Singapore
SINGAPORE – Turner’s Cartoon Network has announced the staging of a two-day Imagination Studios workshop in Singapore as part of a global initiative to inspire the next generation of storytellers and creators. Hosted in partnership with the Infocomm Media Development Authority (IMDA), and supported by StarHub, Imagination Studios comprises an industry workshop for adults and a special workshop for children as well. The events will be held at PIXEL Studios, a dedicated facility launched by IMDA last year to spur Singapore’s next generation of digital content creators.
Both events will be fronted by highly talented animator, Daniel Chong – creator and executive producer of Cartoon Network’s hit comedy, We Bare Bears. After building a successful career in Burbank, California, Daniel will speak about his journey as an artist and the process behind creating one of the hottest animated series.
“Imagination Studios will not only help us to provide a platform to those who are interested in animation, but will also look to inspire passion in future animators too. There is a strong pool of talent in Singapore and we are dedicated to working closely with industry leaders such as IMDA and StarHub to offer them new opportunities and direction. To complement Cartoon Network’s global artist and international shorts programmes, this event is also a great way for us to connect with our viewers, and show them how some of the best animated content is made,” said Mark Eyers, Chief Content Officer for Turner’s Kids Networks in Asia Pacific.
- Disney+ officially starts streaming in Singapore on 23 February 84 views | posted on February 24, 2021
- Colors Kannada launches ‘BIGG BOSS Kannada’ Season 8 73 views | posted on February 26, 2021
- Fremantle acquires multi-territory production rights for ‘Good With Wood’ 54 views | posted on February 25, 2021
- Flame Distribution to handle global sales of ‘Life in Colour With David Attenborough’ 49 views | posted on February 26, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020