IMDA and Cartoon Network support animation in Singapore
SINGAPORE – Turner’s Cartoon Network has announced the staging of a two-day Imagination Studios workshop in Singapore as part of a global initiative to inspire the next generation of storytellers and creators. Hosted in partnership with the Infocomm Media Development Authority (IMDA), and supported by StarHub, Imagination Studios comprises an industry workshop for adults and a special workshop for children as well. The events will be held at PIXEL Studios, a dedicated facility launched by IMDA last year to spur Singapore’s next generation of digital content creators.
Both events will be fronted by highly talented animator, Daniel Chong – creator and executive producer of Cartoon Network’s hit comedy, We Bare Bears. After building a successful career in Burbank, California, Daniel will speak about his journey as an artist and the process behind creating one of the hottest animated series.
“Imagination Studios will not only help us to provide a platform to those who are interested in animation, but will also look to inspire passion in future animators too. There is a strong pool of talent in Singapore and we are dedicated to working closely with industry leaders such as IMDA and StarHub to offer them new opportunities and direction. To complement Cartoon Network’s global artist and international shorts programmes, this event is also a great way for us to connect with our viewers, and show them how some of the best animated content is made,” said Mark Eyers, Chief Content Officer for Turner’s Kids Networks in Asia Pacific.
- Global Agency announces new sales for rom-com series ‘Daydreamer’ 10.5k views | posted on October 27, 2020
- BBC Studios announces deal with Discovery Inc. for ‘Top Gear’ catalogue in Japan 70 views | posted on October 26, 2020
- CNN International Commercial appoints Rob Bradley and Cathy Ibal to lead ‘Audience First’ strategy 57 views | posted on October 29, 2020
- ITV Studios presents its exciting content slate at its inaugural Fall Festival 44 views | posted on October 26, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020