Indonesia – HOOQ, the largest Video on Demand service in South-East Asia, announces their latest initiative – HOOQ Filmmakers Guild, a South-East Asia wide project that helps turn the most imaginative TV series ideas of filmmakers into reality, thus celebrating Asia, the nation from which great TV arises.
HOOQ calls for film professionals, be it directors, producers or scriptwriters to send in scripts and treatments for a TV series idea they have. From these, the five best scripts, regionally, will be given a funding of USD$30,000 to be converted into a pilot episode that will debut on HOOQ. Submissions can be from Singapore, Thailand, Indonesia, India, Philippines, Vietnam, Malaysia and Cambodia. The best out of these five pilot episodes, decided by HOOQ subscribers and a star-studded judging panel consisting of the top film talents around Asia as well as Hollywood, will be converted into a full series produced and aired on HOOQ.
- The Asia TV Forum & Market and ScreenSingapore officially opens its virtual doors on 1 December 95 views | posted on December 1, 2020
- Viddsee is empowering Asian storytellers through meaningful content 77 views | posted on December 2, 2020
- TechStorm makes landmark debut in Taiwan with Taiwan’s Portico Media and ONLINE MEDIA’s 4gTV 63 views | posted on December 3, 2020
- Sky TV’s entertainment streaming service, Neon, introduces a revamped platform powered by Evergent 41 views | posted on December 1, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020