Indonesia – HOOQ, the largest Video on Demand service in South-East Asia, announces their latest initiative – HOOQ Filmmakers Guild, a South-East Asia wide project that helps turn the most imaginative TV series ideas of filmmakers into reality, thus celebrating Asia, the nation from which great TV arises.
HOOQ calls for film professionals, be it directors, producers or scriptwriters to send in scripts and treatments for a TV series idea they have. From these, the five best scripts, regionally, will be given a funding of USD$30,000 to be converted into a pilot episode that will debut on HOOQ. Submissions can be from Singapore, Thailand, Indonesia, India, Philippines, Vietnam, Malaysia and Cambodia. The best out of these five pilot episodes, decided by HOOQ subscribers and a star-studded judging panel consisting of the top film talents around Asia as well as Hollywood, will be converted into a full series produced and aired on HOOQ.
- Colors Kannada launches ‘BIGG BOSS Kannada’ Season 8 79 views | posted on February 26, 2021
- Fremantle acquires multi-territory production rights for ‘Good With Wood’ 56 views | posted on February 25, 2021
- Flame Distribution to handle global sales of ‘Life in Colour With David Attenborough’ 53 views | posted on February 26, 2021
- The Walt Disney Company Asia Pacific announces leadership team 53 views | posted on March 1, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020